cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Rogers, PM sim card appeared to be working but Rogers sim card working too

dechengvsd1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sign up with PM by choosing to transfer a phone number from Rogers last night. Got a voicemail today (with Rogers sim) from PM saying that the Rogers account number was incorrect.

I sent a private message with the correct account number to the moderator team, that SIMon thing says moderator could reply in 2~4 hours but I search the community and people saying it could take 2~3 days. Man the moderator team could be really slow. The self serve thing is one of the draw back of join PM and this moderator response time is not helping.

Anyway, the PM sim card appeared working. It can call out to another PM phone, it can send texts to another PM phone, it can receive texts from another PM phone but it can't receive call from a PM phone. For non PM phone calls and text messages, they all went to the Rogers sim card.

I am wondering should I just phone Rogers and cancel my account and the PM sim will take over and field all the phone calls/texts from non PM or PM phones?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

dechengvsd1

Thanks everyone, the porting center telephone worked wonderfully. The phone finished transferred late last night. Super quick response time.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dechengvsd1 I would send a private message and tell them to ignore the previous messages. 

dechengvsd1

Wow, thanks @mimmo. I phoned and even right now someone picked up a phone. I just told him my phone number and my old carrier's account number and he sent the request to the old carrier and got a ok response. He told me still wait 30min to 2hr before I'll get a text message saying the transfer is complete.

If this works, thanks alot @mimmo. Don't have to wait for moderators.

If this works, anyway to cancel request to moderators? I read some where some moderators resubmit transfer request after it already done and that cause problems. Not sure if I read the comment right not though.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dechengvsd1 it took more than several days for me to get a port.

I found this thread it might help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dechengvsd1 

You need to wait for the moderators. Outgoing calls does not mean number has been ported. You can't port a cancelled number and if you cancel Rogers, you will lose the number and nedd to choose new one.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@dechengvsd1 wrote:

Sign up with PM by choosing to transfer a phone number from Rogers last night. Got a voicemail today (with Rogers sim) from PM saying that the Rogers account number was incorrect.

I sent a private message with the correct account number to the moderator team, that SIMon thing says moderator could reply in 2~4 hours but I search the community and people saying it could take 2~3 days. Man the moderator team could be really slow. The self serve thing is one of the draw back of join PM and this moderator response time is not helping.

Anyway, the PM sim card appeared working. It can call out to another PM phone, it can send texts to another PM phone, it can receive texts from another PM phone but it can't receive call from a PM phone. For non PM phone calls and text messages, they all went to the Rogers sim card.

I am wondering should I just phone Rogers and cancel my account and the PM sim will take over and field all the phone calls/texts from non PM or PM phones?

Thanks

If you want to keep your number DO NOT cancel your Rogers account. The account with the previous provider MUST be active when the port request is resubmitted.

Edit: Porting is a two step "pull" process.

First, Public Mobile is requesting the port and is setting up the account with the number to be ported, some features, like calling out, work right away.

Then the previous provider is releasing the number when their system decides that the credentials submitted match the information in their account exactly (which seems to be the problem with your port). Some providers also block the port until they get a hold of the customer and have tried to persuade them to stay (Bell springs to mind...) 

Need Help? Let's chat.