cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Koodo to Public in 2019

Mholley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I've read a few recommendations on how to do this and it looks like something has changed on the Koodo site, as I can't find any port number feature... just the ability to port TO Koodo not From them. I've registered, my sim is working but I would very much like to keep my old Koodo number and close out any remaining balance at Koodo. What's the best process to do this in 2019?

8 REPLIES 8

rdthorbu

That is strange because I don't think my number fits any of those categories. Good to know though, thank you!

@rdthorbuIt means the number cannot be ported automatically and requires moderators'  intervention. Usually business numbers of large corporation, some VOIP providers and even numbers which are registered on business lines cannot go through the automatic process. You will need to contact the moderators to figure out what needs to be done.

rdthorbu

I tried this, and when it says "check for eligibility" and I put in my old number, I get an error message. Does anyone know why this is?

@geopublic wrote:

@Mholley wrote:

Hi, I've read a few recommendations on how to do this and it looks like something has changed on the Koodo site, as I can't find any port number feature... just the ability to port TO Koodo not From them. I've registered, my sim is working but I would very much like to keep my old Koodo number and close out any remaining balance at Koodo. What's the best process to do this in 2019?

@Mholley  If you want to port your number from Koodo to Public Mobile you have to initiate the port from your Public Mobile selfserve account. Note only Kooodo postpaid account ports can be done vial the selfserve site.

For Koodo prepaid accounts you have to setup the port by contacting a Public Mobile moderator. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

@geopublic  Didn't see your post when I posted mine:)

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

if you are with PM now and want to port from Koodo to PM, you need to go to PM account, request porting from Koodo. 

If it is Koodo prepaid, you need to contact MODs, because you can't do that yourself.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mholley wrote:

@Mholley wrote:

If you're porting from Koodo, you need to log into your PM account to do the port yourself in self serve.  You can do that only if you have post paid number, if you have pre-paid Koodo number then you need to contact Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right of your post and ask for assistance.  Only moderators can facilitate pre-paid for you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mholley wrote:

@Mholley  If you want to port your number from Koodo to Public Mobile you have to initiate the port from your Public Mobile selfserve account. Note only Kooodo postpaid account ports can be done vial the selfserve site.

For Koodo prepaid accounts you have to setup the port by contacting a Public Mobile moderator. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

RossN
Mayor / Maire

If you go into your my account that you just created and where it says my profile go down to the bottom and it says change the number you’re going there and it will say transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider you just take it from there just press the button and give them your number it takes a couple hours unless it’s prepaid it could take up to a day and I forgot to say you wll need a moderators help with that good luck after port completion your koodo account will close but you should touch base with them anyway to see your final bill you don't need any surprises

Need Help? Let's chat.