Porting from Koodo mobile home phone

Fionn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received my sim card yesterday

Activited

Verified my number and account info from Koodo

Inserted the sim card

Number has not been ported.

Started this process at 8 pm last night, it's 7:30 the next morning.

What have I missed?  Why is it taking so long?

4 REPLIES 4

@Fionn 

Not sure if PM considers Koodo home line as a true landline or another mobile service (since uses a SIM card).  Landlines can take several days for porting to be completed.  If Koodo home line is considered a mobile line, it can't receive confirmation text.  

I will private message you the Telus porting team phone number.  You can call to check the status of port.  

Lilith2836
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If it's like the Rogers Wireless Home Phone (sim in a box not a real mobile phone) & can't receive SMS then you might have to do what I did (see https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-from-Rogers-Wireless-Home-Pho...)

I couldn't accept the port request SMS on my Rogers Wireless Home Phone so the porting failed (SMS confirmation is a security measure - quite reasonable but not possible in my case with this device). Also tried the sim in a real cell phone but it wouldn't register (even in a Rogers branded phone)

Basically, I had to have a Moderator restart the port request, call the Rogers Porting Centre directly within the 90 min timeframe & verbally confirm the port request. They then manually accepted the port request.

So you might need to go that route with the Koodo Porting Centre

Alternatively, you might be able to port it as if it were a true landline since that doesn't use SMS to confirm the request

Good luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Fionn wrote:

Received my sim card yesterday

Activited

Verified my number and account info from Koodo

Inserted the sim card

Number has not been ported.

Started this process at 8 pm last night, it's 7:30 the next morning.

What have I missed?  Why is it taking so long?

Hell @Fionn ,

Does your Self Serve account status say ACTIVE?

Was your credit card charged for the SIM activation?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is your Koodo prepaid ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If it is prepaid then contact a moderator.

You need to submit a ticket to a moderator with subject of port request.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1cSZTrFJ0Ex4271Ea...

• If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.
Need Help? Let's chat.