cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Koodo Prepaid

whiskeyed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been searching the threads about porting from Koodo Prepaid and most of what I've seen suggests I must contact a moderator to complete the port.  My Koodo plan expires tomorrow.  Is that enough time to complete the port or am I best to wait until a few days before my next expiry?  OR...is there a way to port from Koodo Prepaid that doesn't require a moderator.  I will be using a different email account from my Koodo account (though...my husband has a public mobile account number that is the same as my Koodo account....)

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

@whiskeyed  Well that worked out to your advantage. It's a lucky lunar New Year for you. Welcome to public mobile!

whiskeyed

Update...I waited and was fortunate to get in on the Lunar promo.   I registered late last night and PM'd moderators and I am now set up first thing the next morning.  Super prompt!  

@whiskeyed wrote:

Hi  @ChuckYeah ,

No.  I looked and it's usually 9:30 am.  I am thinking I will skimp by on the left over boosters I have with Koodo for most of another month and change over with a couple days to spare at the end of my billing period.  

That's probably a wise choice - then you won't be scrambling and hoping the Mod can "git 'er dun" in a timely manner, in order to not screw up the porting process. 👍🏻 

whiskeyed

@ChuckYeah .  That was crazy fast.  Thanks for investigating!  Much appreciated.

whiskeyed

@Triguy , thanks.  

@whiskeyed Well, when you do you'll already have all the information you need. 

whiskeyed

Thanks, @Anonymous .  My thinking exactly.  I was only going to attempt if I didn't require a moderator.

whiskeyed

Hi  @ChuckYeah ,

No.  I looked and it's usually 9:30 am.  I am thinking I will skimp by on the left over boosters I have with Koodo for most of another month and change over with a couple days to spare at the end of my billing period.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Wow, @whiskeyed that was quick. Here is the message from @CS_Agent .

Hello @ChuckYeah!

Thank you for your reply!

If sanndenis has a mobile line that you wants to transfer to Public Mobile he should create a ticket via SIMON and have the issue treated as quick as possible since the process is done very fast (minimum 30 minutes- maximum 2 hours and 30 minutes).

If sanndenis has a landline he will not be able to transfer his line to Public Mobile since it takes minimum 24 business hours minimu- 72 business hours.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

@whiskeyed When you talk to Simon type "transfer koodo prepaid" and click on i want tto transfer my number from Koodo prepaid.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most porting takes a few hours.  For Kodoo prepaid it usually takes more time.  PM seems to have more moderators so maybe the turn around could be faster.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Submit a ticket then it will get the process started 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whiskeyed- It might be tight.  However, I JUST closed off a small issue with the moderator team.  First interaction (via SIMon) was at 9:30 this morning.  I received a reply at around 11AM, and full resolution at around 3pm.  So... there is a reasonable chance it gets completed in plenty of time.

I just sent a message to @CS_Agent with your Community username. If you decide not to take the chance, keep your eye on your messages, the envelope above right and maybe they will contact you. You can also send your own ticket and ask them to get in touch with you to have a more controllable port. Once you activate your sim and start the port it will be difficult to turn back.

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:
simon.PNG
Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data).
Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png
@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.
Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.
privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@whiskeyed It will be very tight. Is it at midnight tomorrow? @CS_Agent usually responds next day, but it can be up to 48 hours?

Need Help? Let's chat.