cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Koodo Postpaid

ekopark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just activated my PM sim card, made calls, text and used data. I went to the change number option in PM self serve but says unable to transfer number selected, help?

12 REPLIES 12

ekopark

Thanks everyone for the help, all good now, that was fast support from the mod as well 🙂

Hmmm, message says to contact the community...doesn't even list contacting the moderators. Interesting.

While further insight may be gained talking with the community, this seems like a trouble that PM might advise "Go Straight to the Moderators" for resolution.

AE_Collector

ekopark

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies.

I'm still in contact with the mods, but yes my line is still active and I've researched most of the posts about porting but for some reason mine won't work. I just keep seeing this message

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Anyway hopefully one of the mods can do it for me

@GR  @ChuckYeah 
The terminology Prepaid and Postpaid frequently trips me up as well. I always think that even Postpaid plans are billed in advance (IE: Prepaid) for the basic monthly cost with just any extra charges tacked on afterwards. At least they used to be that way.... maybe it changed. In any event I have to stop and think about the two to convince myself I said the correct one.

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ekopark wrote:

Hi,

I just activated my PM sim card, made calls, text and used data. I went to the change number option in PM self serve but says unable to transfer number selected, help?

@ekopark  Your koodo account is active?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ekopark  if the system says  to contact moderators(by using the question mark button on bottom) , to port number then you need to contact moderators.  Some numbers no matter the provider require mods to do the port. 

Done it myself a couple of times, @GR . That's why we're all here to help.

Good catch guys!  I misread it so I edited the post out not to confuse people.  Thanks!! 

I thought it was Koodo Prepaid not Koodo Postpaid that needed a moderators help to Port? No?

AE_Collector

@GR wrote:

@ekopark koodo postpaid must be done by the moderator_team! Click here for help and they'll get back to you usually within 48 hours but hopefully sooner

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Also don't cancel your Koodo account, that will happen automatically when the port is complete and you can keep using the Koodo Sim card until then too

Actually @GR its prepaid that has to be done by moderators. Koodo postpaid should work fairly quickly online from my experience.

Last Koodo postpaid I did was set up almost immediately. Had to reboot after porting and all was good.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.