Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting and transfer plan question

ksckwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM friends,

I want to see if this is possible. 

My my mom currently has a a $120 12gb plan, she wants to down grade to the $25 1gb plan. I believe I can do that with self serve.

but is it possible to transfer the $120 plan to my wife? She is currently with Rogers and both of them would like to keep their #s

thanks in advance 

11 REPLIES 11

@JackQuint wrote:

Missed the 90 days part ... yes, a great plan.

Agreed that you don't need 10GB, I was operating on the assumption we were talking about a 30 day/12GBplan.

There's never been such a plan here. Since Public Mobile has started offering rewards-eligible plans, 8.5GB is a high as they've gone for 30 days.

ksckwong

I am on the $120/12gb plan as well. The $30-$40 (before tax) range is the most comfortable amount of money that I am willing to spend for a wireless service and 4gb is serviceable for the time that I spent outside with no wifi.

so to me is still a great plan especially with the referrals and loyalty.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@JackQuint wrote:

$120/12GB is really not such a great deal anymore. For LTE data: Koodo is $75/10GB, same with Fido and Virgin, Freedom (if you're in an area with coverage) is $60/15GB. 

If she wants to settle for 3g, there are other deals (as mentioned above). If she's prepared to pay $120 though, LTE data for substantially less is the way to go. Number can be ported to any of the above carriers.

The $120/12 GB plan was over 90 days, so $40/4 GB/30 days of Full LTE.  A really great deal from fall 2016.  I’m still on this package, and have thought about leaving it, but frankly I’d be insane to do so.

The new unlimited (falsity naked) 10GBb,$75 per month are overpriced, as you’re most likely not to use all the 10 GB, and if you do, you’ll be complaining about the slower than snail paced speeds when it is throttled.

Missed the 90 days part ... yes, a great plan.

Agreed that you don't need 10GB, I was operating on the assumption we were talking about a 30 day/12GBplan.

@JackQuint wrote:

$120/12GB is really not such a great deal anymore. For LTE data: Koodo is $75/10GB, same with Fido and Virgin, Freedom (if you're in an area with coverage) is $60/15GB. 

If she wants to settle for 3g, there are other deals (as mentioned above). If she's prepared to pay $120 though, LTE data for substantially less is the way to go. Number can be ported to any of the above carriers.

The $120/12 GB plan was over 90 days, so $40/4 GB/30 days of Full LTE.  A really great deal from fall 2016.  I’m still on this package, and have thought about leaving it, but frankly I’d be insane to do so.

The new unlimited (falsity naked) 10GBb,$75 per month are overpriced, as you’re most likely not to use all the 10 GB, and if you do, you’ll be complaining about the slower than snail paced speeds when it is throttled.

@RossN wrote:

@ksckwong  hi no one here can do that downgrade for you, you will need to go into your account and try or contact a moderator   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This is a process that the moderators have been told to not provide, but had been done previously.  As Public Mobile has **bleep**down this, process, asking the moderators to do this is not an option.

@mimmo, check your plan description above, 0.5, not 5 GB.

@ksckwong  hi no one here can do that downgrade for you, you will need to go into your account and try or contact a moderator   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ksckwong

Thanks everyone. I will evaluate my options again but go ahead with the downgrade for my mother.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

why not just activate your wife on the $40 4.5 +  .5  5 gb plan (the throttled lte speed, is quite good.  I dont recall anyone here complaning that it is too slow.  she gets canada wide calling and instead of provonicial and an extra gb of data.  

edit @stonechucker  added the "."  thanks.  (now that would have been a hot plan 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It's probably not convenient, switching numbers between the two users is the only way forward.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ksckwong 

Sorry, not possible especially if both want to keep their own numbers.  Your mom's plan is likely grandfathered.  If your mom changes plan, the grandfathered plan is lost.  If you port your wife number to mom's plan, your mom's number is lost.  

Need Help? Let's chat.