cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting and reporting

NicoleStates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am already a Public Mobile customer, I ported my cellular number from PC Mobile to Public. I have been using it a few months. Now I want to disconnect my homephone(landline) and port my homephone number instead, can I do this after already porting once?

17 REPLIES 17

NicoleStates

thank you for clarifying

.. you can look into the option  by @Nezgar  about porting into Fongo Mobile.  There is a $25 porting fee.. but that is all the money you need to pay.  Fongo is better in the sense that you don't have to worry about calling it once a month or so.  Just install Fongo on the phone, make it logon automatically.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NicoleStates wrote:

I guess you could say I am exploring my options. You mean I could port 2 different numbers into one public mobile number?

No. You can port as many times as you like (4/30 days?) but it kills the previous number each time. One account can only have one SIM, one number, one email address.

@NicoleStates wrote:

I guess you could say I am exploring my options. You mean I could port 2 different numbers into one public mobile number?

Whenever you change your Public Mobile number, or port in a number, whatever phone number you previously had with Public Mobile is lost.

If you want to keep your previous pubic Mobile number, you have to port it into a separate public mobile account, or to an entirely different service like VoIP.ms, Fongo, Numberbarn, etc that will forward calls to your public mobile number.

NicoleStates

Sorry, thank you, thank you all. I must have overlooked those. I will look into them.

NicoleStates

@NicoleStates wrote:

I have been trying to find a website that does that, do you know of any? I'm in Canada.

voip.ms as I mentioned before, numberbarn.com as @Anonymous mentioned... Another idea is fongo home phone - $5/mo after initial setup and you can actually use it for unlimited canada wide calls, and also just forward, or simultaneously ring your cell phone numbers (and up to 4 others too I think)

Other ideas are Fongo Mobile or TextNow are completely free, and I believe you can port-in your number to either, but you have to make sure you place a call at least every month or so to ensure your account doesn't go dormant, and lose the number...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NicoleStates : Do you wish to keep your current cellphone number on the account you have now? If not, then you can port all the numbers you want into one account here. It just means killing the previous number that you had, each time.

The previous post gave you voip.ms. Iirc there are several number storing services out there. Another one is numberbarn . com

NicoleStates

I have been trying to find a website that does that, do you know of any? I'm in Canada.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleStates wrote:

I am already a Public Mobile customer, I ported my cellular number from PC Mobile to Public. I have been using it a few months. Now I want to disconnect my homephone(landline) and port my homephone number instead, can I do this after already porting once?

Heya.... Looks like you're on your way with the port, but I just wanted to re-iterate that when your home phone/landline is ported in, you will lose your previous cellular number. To preserve both you could port the 2nd number to a new PM account, or to a cheap service like VoIP.ms just to park the landline number and forward to your first PM number for a few dollars a month.

@NicoleStates 

This is what pm lists as the info required:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Old service provider brand 

First and last name of account holder

IMEI Number OR Previous Provider Account Number

Complete billing address

Alternate Contact Phone Number

Alternate Contact Phone Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NicoleStates : I almost always focus on those little red indicators or whatever the site uses to indicate required information. Or if the site comes back with a certain piece of required information that was missing. Other than that, I don't fill in unnecessary boxes.

@NicoleStates wrote:

Thankyou. Are you able to tell me what goes in these 2 boxes? This is confusing mepublic mobile.png

@NicoleStates  I would leave those blank, that you have the red arrows pointing to.

Enter the Name on the Old Service Provider landline account.

But once you have your Public Mobile account you can change this name to whatever you like.

NicoleStates

Thankyou. Are you able to tell me what goes in these 2 boxes? This is confusing mepublic mobile.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleStates wrote:

Hello @NicoleStates @crustylady , actually you should be able to do this in your Self Serve account under Change Number:

esjliv_0-1624924255902.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NicoleStates 

@NicoleStates wrote:

@NicoleStates 

If you don't need/want your present PM cellular number, you can port over from your landline again.  Your cell number will be gone afterwards and your landline number will be your new cellular number.  Landlines take a few days to port over.  

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nope.

You'll have to set that up under a new account if you want to keep that number active. (instead of the recent one you activated...)

That means a new SIM required.   Use your existing account's referral code if you're going to do this.

EDIT:    SO, i guess you can do this after all?  Knew you could change numbers once a cycle - didn't really know you could change to another number you already have.  🤔

Need Help? Let's chat.