Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number

Claudine1718
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I port my number

11 REPLIES 11

@Claudine1718 wrote:

 it asks for Resellers name is that where I put Roger's?

Old acount password- what exactly is this? My Rogers password?

Is this Rogers Wireless or a Rogers home phone?

If it's Rogers Wireless that you're tranfering in a phone number from, do not fill anyting in for reseller's name.  And while old account password is there, once again, ignore it and leave it blank. It's not your Rogers self servie password, but your Rogers account PIN, but as I said, you don't need it, and really shouldn't use it. Also ignore the IMEI (device serial number) field. Use only your Rogers account number.

@sanjub wrote:

Go to any store and provide your existing account details. Make sure the details match

I'm uncertain if @Claudine1718  has already activated a Public Mobile account or not. If the account has already been opened, a store cannot help with the number port. However, what is clear is that Claudine1718  already has a Public Mobile SIM card. If the customer goes to the store, they're not going to activate a SIM card that's brought in by the customer.

Also, when it comes to number porting, if the customer is getting an error message on the activation form, the retail storre employee is going to see the exact same mesage.

sanjub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go to any store and provide your existing account details. Make sure the details match

Claudine1718

Thanks for letting me know. Its deleted

@Claudine1718  your screenshot shows all your personal information. Plese delete it. This is a public forum and everyone can see it.

Click the 3 dots on right of that post and select "edit reply" to remove it.

Once you remove it there. Click your badge (sailboat) at top right next to your envelope. Select "My profile" scroll all the way down to your pictures and delete it from there as well.

As for your issue. Simply way to is to sign-up with a new number and when you're done creating your account contact the moderators to port your number over.. Also ensure on your Rogers account you don't have porting blocked.

Claudine1718

20201014_204523.jpg

 it asks for Resellers name is that where I put Roger's?

Old acount password- what exactly is this? My Rogers password?

Claudine1718

Screenshot_20201014-193412_Chrome.jpg

@Claudine1718 wrote:

I tired porting the number and it said my request was rejected by the provider possibly due to incorrect account#, equipment serial#, PIN# etc. Yet no where does PublicM ask for this information in the form it asks me to complete

Are you sure all the info. is being entered correctly?

When exactly are you receiving this message?

Claudine1718

I tired porting the number and it said my request was rejected by the provider possibly due to incorrect account#, equipment serial#, PIN# etc. Yet no where does PublicM ask for this information in the form it asks me to complete

@Claudine1718 during the activation signup there will be an option to port your number ove

If it is Koodo prepaid select a new number and then open a ticket for moderators to port your number over.

You can also select a new number when activating to test if everything works before porting your number over. You would click the "? Question mark" and type "port request" then follow the instructions.

Ensure that the account with the  number you are porting over is in good standing or you will not be able to port. Unless it is with Telus, Koodo. Freedom apparently lets you port as well if account is not active for first 10 days.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Claudine1718 

1.What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4.Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Porting from Koodo:

If your switching from Koodo postpaid your can port-in your number during sim activation. Just have your Koodo account number, name on the Koodo account and Koodo number ready and enter it when choosing your number.

If it's Koodo prepaid then you need to click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the Koodo info above.

Need Help? Let's chat.