cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number

elitrack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
We have an active Public Mobile account, but Bell has our phone number.  How do we port it over?

Thanks

Elaine

6 REPLIES 6

Anonjr26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can contact an oracle or use the SIMon bot to ask for help and put in a tickt. Keep the question short and sweet since the bot can't handle long open-ended questions. After talking to the bot it should give you the option to send out a ticket. You will then be messaged by a moderator. He/She will ask you for your phone number and the Bell account number. When they get the information it might take 2-3 business days for the transfer to be finalized.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@elitrack wrote:

Hello,
We have an active Public Mobile account, but Bell has our phone number.  How do we port it over?

Thanks

Elaine

I just switched from Bell to Public Mobile.

Here is what you need to do:

Go in to you MYBELL account click on unloack my phone: 

You will need your phone to be unlocked before you can port. This is only an issue if your phone is older than 2017.

Order a public SIM: here: then sign up with public through this page:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Put the 19 digit sim number in: add a referral code to get $10.00, (if you don't have one I can give you mine) Or ask anyone in here for one they will give you a referal code forsure, its a nice community. 

Once you have that done, you will have a part that will ask for your telephone number

Then when you get to the part that asks for phone number put in the Bell number you currently have. It will ask you to check it the number then below that it will ask for your IME #

To get the IME call on your phone using *#06# That will give you the IME#

Record that number it should be 15 digits no letters.

Put your bell account number, the name on the account, your Bell pin# in.

Then you are done, you'll pay to activate Public and in 1 - 2 hours your number will port over, your account with Bell will auto cancel. 

It actually took under ten minutes for my account to port. 

Hope this is helpful welcome to public.

*high five!*

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@elitrack Type " Port Request " in the subject message field.  After you send your message, check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @elitrack 

When you say that Bell has your number, do you have an active account with Bell?

If yes you would be able to port by contacting the moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Is not, you would first have to open an account with Bell and obtain that number (if still available), then contact moderators to start the transfer

Welcome to public mobile

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire
  • As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
  • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless

• All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@elitrackHi you will need to contact the moderator ? On the bottom right  of the screen ask  Simon to open a ticket to speak to a moderator and tell them your issue

Need Help? Let's chat.