cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from telus nightmare

FrankR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have been trying to port our number from telus to public mobile and it's been a complete nightmare with no help from telus or public mobile, they just pass the buck.  Any suggestions from anyone.  The telus number has been ported over but public is not working still.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

@FrankR 

i do check it out with a contact customer service by Moderator Team,

they say 

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with us with a temporary phone number and after that let me know to help you with the port in.

that even if a person is not a customer of Public Mobile they can create an username under the Community and get in contact with a Moderator. Send any information related to the activation and the phone number that they want to transfer and then we can work with that in our system.

i hope that information for a new customer is will help them.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good Luck everybody

@Anonymous wrote:

If you need more help with teleporting your phone number, call x for assistance. It is Telus teleporting support number, which is public mobile's parent company. They will help you and answer any more questions that you may have. 

In cases such as this when the Public Mobile servcie simply does not work, the Telus porting team cannot assist. They do not have acccess to a customer's Public Mobile account.  Whie there can be a porting issue, Public Mobile's service not working means that a Public Mobile moderator's help will be needed. The Public Mobile servcie should be working for outgoing calls, outgiong text messages, data, and ncoming text messages sent by Telus customers even if porting isn't complete or has failed. 

@FrankR  are you all good now and you are finally here at PM?   You should love PM here, you basically using the same network but at a cheaper rate.  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@FrankR wrote:

We have been trying to port our number from telus to public mobile and it's been a complete nightmare with no help from telus or public mobile, they just pass the buck.  Any suggestions from anyone.  The telus number has been ported over but public is not working still.

Hello @FrankR 

Do a Reset of the Network Settings with the Public Mobile SIM card in the phone.

Have you tried the SIM into another phone to test on another phone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@FrankR 

Normally it is straight forward if you do all the steps in order.

- Leave the Telus SIM in the phone

- Wait for a SMS text from Telus and reply with YES. There is a 90 minute window to reply 

- Power off the phone and switch to PM SIM

- Power on the phone

If you missed one of these steps, click on the SIMon chat button and create a ticket for the moderator to help you complete your porting.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was your number and account still active at telus when you started the port process ? This is critical too

When I signed up, I opted to take a temporary number, and have them take care of the porting process. Not sure it's it's too late in the process to go this way? I did have to call koodo to authorize the port though, but they didn't give me issue. I don't even recall them asking why I left. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES. 

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request. 

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number visit  HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE 

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@FrankR   what is not working?

I think you should be able to make outgoing calls and text

What might not work yet is incoming calls.  Is it right?

Did you get the SMS from Telus on your Telus SIM and did you reply YES to it? This is a critical step for the port to complete

If you have replied the SMS, how long you did it?  After you reply, it will be another 30 mins to 2 hours for the completion of the porting.

Give us more information.

Need Help? Let's chat.