cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Telus

hdeering
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to port my number from Telus which should be relatively simple but keeps getting this message 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I entered the number correctly, I DO NOT want a new number. 

Any sugestions? 

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

Smoothc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile is a Telus brand, and runs on the Telus network. I tried the same thing as you are, when changing plans from Telus Pay and Talk (old plan to which I was grandfathered in) and because the parent company of Public Mobile is Telus, the number could not be ported without an interim step. I signed up with Chatr (parent company Rogers) instead because porting my phone number immediately was more important to me than staying with on the Telus network. Good luck. 

hdeering

I contacted the moderators as was suggested. At one piont they told me that my 222 number was not compatible with their system. I questioned that as PM is part of the Telus network. They obviously checked further and said it could be done but they had to do it. I sent them all my info and it got done.  Start a chat with the moderator and explain your situation.  

RyanB

@hdeering  I have a 709-222 number as well. Can you please give me more details as I am struggling with getting ported as well.

Thanks!

@hdeering wrote:

Recieved new message from moderator as follows:

Thank you so much for replying! 

I contacted my back end team to check if we can push it through, and they told me that it was possible to do it, but in this case, I need to do it on my ends, we can do something, you can complete the activation of your PM account on your ends and once everything is done you can provide me with the information so I can process the request, or you can provide me with all your information so I can create the account for you. 

Please let me know what do you think about it so we can proceed. 

I did send them the info and 24 hours later I have my old number ported to PM and all is well.

thank -you all for your  help!

@hdeering  Congratulations!

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

hdeering

Recieved new message from moderator as follows:

Thank you so much for replying! 

I contacted my back end team to check if we can push it through, and they told me that it was possible to do it, but in this case, I need to do it on my ends, we can do something, you can complete the activation of your PM account on your ends and once everything is done you can provide me with the information so I can process the request, or you can provide me with all your information so I can create the account for you. 

Please let me know what do you think about it so we can proceed. 

I did send them the info and 24 hours later I have my old number ported to PM and all is well.

thank -you all for your  help!

hdeering

recieved the following reply

I completely understand how frustrating it can be, but don't worry I'll be more than happy to assist you. 

I checked in our eligibility system, and unfortunately, the phone number is not compatible with our network, what we can do in this case, is that we can assign a new number that can be similar to the number you have. 

Please let me know what do you think about it, I'll be waiting for your response Smiley Very Happy

I need my old number ported. "Similar" doesn't work for me. 

@hdeering wrote:

How do i contact moderators?

The 3rd post of this thread, on page 1..... but, I suppose, since @geopublic  repeated himself, by now you've contacted them. Let us know what the issue turned out to be, if you ever find out.

@hdeering wrote:

@hdeering  

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hdeering

@fujiyama wrote:

@hdeering wrote:

Not eligible.  709 222

Interesting, this is the first actual case of a number with a tier one carrier that is not available to it's own lower tier brands, that I know of anyway. But I've heard that Newfoundland numbers are somewhat of a special case.

Sorry to say that you most likely will need a new number if you want to use Public mobile, @hdeering. Luckily you did not buy a sim or activate an account yet, correct? If so, you can think this over (re: getting a new number) before switching.

Those phone numbers are Bay Roberts and are assigned to Telus Mobility. It can be ported to Public Mobile. CNAC doesn't have number assigned to Public Mobile. They are number allocated to Telus Mobility.  @hdeering  You will need to get the moderators to manually proceed.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hdeering wrote:

Not eligible.  709 222

Interesting, this is the first actual case of a number with a tier one carrier that is not available to it's own lower tier brands, that I know of anyway. But I've heard that Newfoundland numbers are somewhat of a special case.

Sorry to say that you most likely will need a new number if you want to use Public mobile, @hdeering. Luckily you did not buy a sim or activate an account yet, correct? If so, you can think this over (re: getting a new number) before switching.

hdeering

Now I'm getting this message

Invalid SIM
Please enter a referral code.
The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.

Seriously!!!!!

hdeering

Not eligible.  709 222

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hdeering:

Just out of curiosity, go to this link:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en

Enter the Telus number you are trying to port over into that page, and let us know what it says.

Also, can you tell us the area code and first three digits of the phone number?

@hdeering setting up an account with a temporary number and porting from within gives you a safety net. In the remote case in which something goes wrong. It also allows you a reference point through which to contact customer service / moderators here. As long as your Telus account is open, there should be no problems with your port.

It's a prepaid service. There are no refunds. Is your account a Koodo prepaid one? 

hdeering

Nothing!!!!

hdeering

Thanks for your reply. Little hesitant to do that. If they cant port my number now how can I be sure they can do it after I sign up up PM with a new number? Don't want to end up with two phone packages. If its this much trouble to sign up I can only imagine the issues with cancelling and getting a refund. I guess paying a little extra with someone to speak with is worth it. 

@hdeering  No response from the Moderator team yet?

hdeering

Tried it. Still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

@gblackma wrote:

The system is finicky @hdeering , activate with a temporary PM number and set up your self service / my account . Then port your Telus number after from within it. This gives you a safety net in case there is a problem with your port.

@hdeering  The above advice is a good idea if you REALLY need, and/or want phone services quickly, but make sure to NOT close your Telus account before you get around to porting your number. If, however, waiting 'til it gets done is not that big of a big deal, then carry on trying to port your current number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hdeering   You could try clearing your cache/cookies and try a different browser in incognito mode.  PM's site can be a little glitchy and sometimes waiting an hour also helps.  Also try what @Toost  suggested and try another computer if you can.

Toost

We had some issues porting a number from Bell. Stupidest thing: we tried it on a different computer and then it went trough. Not sure if that would work for you but who knows?

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hdeering wrote:

Trying to port my number from Telus which should be relatively simple but keeps getting this message 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Select a new number.

Any sugestions? 

Thanks

@hdeering  Best to contact the Moderator team they should be able to determine/resolve the issue.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

The system is finicky @hdeering , activate with a temporary PM number and set up your self service / my account . Then port your Telus number after from within it. This gives you a safety net in case there is a problem with your port. 

@hdeering wrote:

-  Select a new number.

Any sugestions? 

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.