cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Telus - Accidentally signed up with PM with same email as Telus

dldlflfl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Issue is as stated in the subject. I totally forgot to make an account with PM with a different email address.

Is there any hope of me transferring from Telus to PM at this point without having to buy a new sim and making a new account? 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

This feedback from folks is great. So maybe the Koodo prepaid -> PM thing is a thing of the past. I didn't mention Koodo prepaid as the OP was asking about Telus which I've never read here to be a problem.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Chiming in to add that I was also able to use the same email I used for koodo.  Just ported my number over today. 

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I used same email address from Telus prepaid to Publicmobile.

No problems.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dldlflfl : iirc it's only an issue coming from Koodo. Coming from the mothership should be fine.

@Anonymous I came from Koodo and used the same email here with no issues.

Was the number in a postpaid or in a prepaid account? This issue only occurs with prepaid. 

@computergeek541 @Anonymous I came from Koodo Prepaid without issue.

@kb_mv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dldlflfl : iirc it's only an issue coming from Koodo. Coming from the mothership should be fine.

Was the number in a postpaid or in a prepaid account? This issue only occurs with prepaid. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@dldlflfl wrote:

That would be great news. I should mention it is a Telus prepaid plan. 

This shouldn't make any difference. I haven't heard of any restrictions about people coming from Telus prepaid.  Telus Mobility has never used seperate SIM cards for prepaid and postpaid services, contrary to what Koodo Mobile does. This leads me to believe that different types of systems are being used.

dldlflfl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That would be great news. I should mention it is a Telus prepaid plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.