cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Roger's family plan

jeav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 
I have been on my Uncle's family plan for the last couple years. 
I am now switching over to Public Mobile. 
I want to keep my phone number. 

I have told my uncle that I'm doing this. He gave me his account number with Rogers.
I got a text from Public Mobile saying there was trouble transferring my number. 
Maybe there is a block on the account. 
I have emailed my uncle about this to see if he can remove the block. 

I was told to inform a moderator.

Thanks for your time. 

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jeav 

You need the following info to port a number to PM

1.  Phone # to be ported and must be active 

2.  Account number which owns the phone number

3.  The name on the account

Send a private message to moderator with “port request” as the subject for priority service. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Refer to the fooolwing post for details:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

@jeav wrote:

Hi, 

I have told my uncle that I'm doing this. He gave me his account number with Rogers.
I got a text from Public Mobile saying there was trouble transferring my number

Thanks for your time."

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@jeav wrote:

Hi, 

I got a text from Public Mobile saying there was trouble transferring my number. 

Thanks for your time. 

@jeav Did you unlock your phone prior to porting the number? I don't think the fact that it is on a family plan is the issue, it could be that your phone is still locked. Another area to think about is the IME# that you input these numbers are long, could you possibly have put the wrong number in?

Hope all goes well. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jeav 

AS long as you have all the information for that account you should be able to request a port again.

You will need to create a ticket using Autobot SImon >>>Click here<<< .

• Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.
  • Click on the " Account Specific Question 
  • Afterward click on "No, I want a human
  • You will see a "Submit a ticket Click me!

if you are having trouble 

You can contact them directly using (Private Message) this Moderator Team.

Make sure you enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem.

The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox. Keep an eye on your Mailbox.

Give them as many details are you can

Please note: It may take 24-48 hours for them to get in touch with you.

Cheers

@nicholasm31 Hello as stated above contact the moderator by clicking on the? Bottom right hand screen ask Simon the bot to speak to human and mention that you were trying to port a number

nicholasm31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the exact same problem! Switched over yesterday and received the call this morning. I called rogers and they weren't able to help me either. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jeav contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ask them why they contacted you. Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jeav Yes you will have to contact the moderators to complete the port. You must've entered something wrong while activating or there could be something outstanding on the family plan that rogers is not letting it go through. Its best to just provide the Exact name on the account the number you want to port and the account number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@jeav Hello family plans can be tricky if someone owes money for a phone or a contract they may not release your number right away to contact the moderator click on the? Lower right hand screen and ask

Simon to speak to a human mention that you were trying to port the number

Need Help? Let's chat.