cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Freedom mobile

Andr123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I ported yesterday a number and it became active on PM SIM. Then I called Freedom Mobile to pay off all outstanding amounts and cancel the account. It was vaguely mentioned that they will port my number back Freedom. Now I see that I have PM number during SIM activation. If I try to port the number again I receive an error as below:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance

Do I need to call PM or send some message to moderators to port the number again ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Andr123

Just received a text that porting complete even though I did not do anything except calling to Telus LIVE agent. Thank you everybody for your help

@Andr123 wrote:

Initial porting was fine and Freedom number was active on my PM SIM but not now.

I called the LIVE agent (it was fast) and he just confirmed that the porting happened yesterday and I need to contact technical support of PM. He also said Freedom did not port it back.

Public Mobile support is via the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Andr123

PM account works but with original number

Andr123

Initial porting was fine and Freedom number was active on my PM SIM but not now.

I called the LIVE agent (it was fast) and he just confirmed that the porting happened yesterday and I need to contact technical support of PM. He also said Freedom did not port it back.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would not want to call freedom.  Of course they will try to lure you back. A sneaky agent might even do something like block the number transfer. 

@Andr123 

Does your PM account work now?  You usually need to port once. Once you paid off Freedom account, it will be closed. You can’t port from inactive account. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Andr123So did the initial porting happen successfully or not?

You can try the number here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-... to see what's going on but they don't know account specifics.

Need Help? Let's chat.