cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Bell

sess
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there - could someone outline the steps I need to do for porting a number from my Bell account?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

@darlicious wrote:

@sess  Once you activate your SIM card with a temporary number and your pm services a recall up and running log into your self serve account. Go to change number. Pick port in your old number from your still active bell account. Once it says it can fill in your bell acct #, name on acct, pin #or other ph # (any ph #will do) check authorized box and hit submit. Shouldn't take long but if more than 2 hrs you may have a stuck port. Last thing to start working will be incoming calls.

For porting from Bell Mobility to Public Mobile, I suggest skipping the Bell account PIN if the Bell account number is also available. It is one more thing that can make the port fail.

People often forget the account PIN or confuse it with voicemail passwords and phone passwords. If someone tries to port a number and uses the correct account number, but incorrrect account PIN, the porting will fail.  The account PIN is something that can be changed, but the account number is constant for the life of that account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sess wrote:

Hi there - could someone outline the steps I need to do for porting a number from my Bell account?

Thanks!

@sess  Once you activate your SIM card with a temporary number and your pm services a recall up and running log into your self serve account. Go to change number. Pick port in your old number from your still active bell account. Once it says it can fill in your bell acct #, name on acct, pin #or other ph # (any ph #will do) check authorized box and hit submit. Shouldn't take long but if more than 2 hrs you may have a stuck port. Last thing to start working will be incoming calls.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sess 

make sure all is working

loginto selfserve click plans and addons then click change number 

select existing number

enter  your bell tel number and only

• the bell account number
  • name on your bell bill (including and spelling mistakes)

clcik submit. if all goes well should be done in less than two hours.

edit here is a good link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Is your Bell account a post-pay

@sess wrote:

Thanks!

Is your Bell account a post-pay or pre-pay account ?

Need Help? Let's chat.