cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a mobile number from Koodo

delzy222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

While activating a Public Mobile SIM I have just received, I get a choice to select if I have an existing number to port. However, the process says for existing Koodo customers, they need to first select a new number and then send a private message to the moderator in order to port.

I have my doubts about what this process exactly entails, how much time it will take and how reliable and quick it is. Would I get a prompt response from the moderator ? And how do I proceed. Please let me know ASAP as I would like to avail of the 35 CAD plan which has a special offer running right now.

thanks

Delzad

3 REPLIES 3

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@delzy222 

To answer your question about your doubts. The process is very efficient. I did this recently with my mom's account and after I private messaged the moderators they responded quickly. And once I sent the information: account number and phone number the port took less than 10 mins. Now I think that was extewmely fast but I would like to say I had full confidence in the ability of the moderators and Alan did an amazing Job!

Also do not forget to go to the landing page put your email in for the flash sale, you will get a bonus of 3G add on. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/flash-sale-05262020

**read the terms of the sale and make sure to fulfil all of them to get it**

Welcome to Public Mobile! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if a moderator will contact you tonight.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@delzy222 that only applies to Koodo prepaid.  You can port postpaid at activation. If its prepaid, then activate with a temporary number. And you need moderator help to port your number.  Type "Port Request" and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  phone number to port and the old providers account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Need Help? Let's chat.