cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a land line

Twa2w
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, not new to PM, but setting up a new account for a Club that has a land line that is to be moved to a mobile. I input the LL phone no. to be transferred and it says it will send a text with a code - of course the land line does not accept texts.  At that point my computer froze - I had not yet input my email or set a password as you have to put in the text code first.  Now when I go back in and try again, it says that number is taken. So how long before the system resets and I can re-input the phone number, and how do I then get past the text code to go any further to set up an account.

4 REPLIES 4

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Twa2w  Just put the sim card in any unlocked mobile phone to receive the text.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Twa2w 

Porting a landline number will take up to 1 week to complete.  This is because the landline provider takes up to one week to release your phone number.

If you activated your PM account online, your self-serve account was created already. You can login to your account using the email address and password provided by you during activation.

If you activated your plan in-store, you need to wait until your landline number is released to PM before you can create your self-serve account as you need to receive a code from incoming text message to create your self-serve account.

You can use your SIM card to call out or text out.  But your need to wait until your landline provider to release your number to PM before you can receive calls and texts.  At the mean time, you can still use the landline to receive calls.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Twa2w 

I can understand your frustration with this. If you can’t receive that text, then reach out to a mod for help with this. Also keep in mind it can take weeks to transfer it over.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Twa2w try again in 50 min

contact customer support mods if you are still having issues

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.