cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a cell number from another carrier

JillY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for public mobile and asked to have my number ported over. My carrier was Koodo but then I signed up with Roger's last week they sent me a sim card but they charged me $40 to switch after telling me they would wave the fee so I decided I wanted to sign up with public mobile instead plus pm has better plans. I am still waiting for my public mobil sim card to activate. What can I do to get my cell number? 

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JillY 

Is your number still with koodo or did it get ported to Rogers? If you never activated a service with rogers then once your services are all working on your pm sim card contact the moderators to port over your number. If you haven't activated your pm sim card then you can port your phone number from a post paid koodo account upon activation. ( You need the name on the account, account # and phone #.) If its a prepaid account take a temporary number and as above contact the moderators to port your number over once all your pm services are up and running.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did they port your number successfully to Rogers?

If yes you can initiate port, they will prorate your payment and send you the new bill.

If not, that's even better as you don't need to have activate account with Koodo to transfer over to pubic mobile, you can do it while it's still suspended but not cancelled (probably 90 days or so after suspention)

Welcome to public mobile

Keep checking here before you get your sim to see it public mobile is offering any deals, I think a new one could be here soon

Once you know which account holds your number use that account number and provider name to transfer your number. I suggest opening account with the temporary number then contacting public mobile moderators to initiate the port

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JillY wrote:

I signed up for public mobile and asked to have my number ported over. My carrier was Koodo but then I signed up with Roger's last week they sent me a sim card but they charged me $40 to switch after telling me they would wave the fee so I decided I wanted to sign up with public mobile instead plus pm has better plans. I am still waiting for my public mobil sim card to activate. What can I do to get my cell number? 

If rogers now has your number you will be able to port it over when you activate your PM sim  Just don't cancel the service that has that number active on it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.