cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a VOIP number without an account #

KitchenGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Moderator_Team

I am currently have my with a local business that provides VOIP services.  They don't use account numbers like Bell or Rogers do.  My account number, is just my phone number.  

How can I port this number to PM?

It is very important I keep this as it is the number I have used for 18 years for business, and the number that customers pass along when giving referals.  

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Happy to help! Woman Happy

If your provider does not have an account number you will need to provide the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) of the phone registered with them. 

To get the IMEI from the phone please dial *#06# and provide the moderators with the digits showing on the screen.

*Please note that sometimes the company has another IMEI registered and that you will have to doublecheck with them.

*** To contact the moderators:
Submit a ticket via the 24/7 virtual assistance SIMon to get this looked at
Note that you will need to create and/or sign in to the Community for the below link to work.
SUBMIT A TICKET - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @KitchenGuy,

thank you for reaching out to us and for your interest in switching to Public Mobile!

I understand that you'd like to port in your number from your current VOIP provider but they don't have any account numbers. Well actually, to successfully transfer a number over, we can use other types of information - such as the PIN# and the IMEI of your device. 

If you're unsure of that info, simply call your provider and have them confirm the details 🙂 You'll be then able to port your number!

For references, here's a post that explains how to port your number! 

Let us know if you ever have any other questions 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

KitchenGuy

Luddite,

Thanks for the advice, lots of good tips in there that may be useful.

For sure I will not cancel my voip account.

I will wait for my current provider to do it once things have been passed over.  All though less than ideal, I can live without service for a short period.  If I lost my number, I lose a lot of potential referral's from the last 18 years of work :).  Referral's is all I rely on.  It is the lesser of 2 evils, and I am a small business so don't have high call volume, but a missed call could cost me big if I didn't get a messege at least.  Have talked to my current provider so they are aware of my plans, and are working with me for what they can do on their end.

@KitchenGuy As it's your business be aware that transferring your number will almost certainly take 1 - 2 weeks. Your voip landline should continue to function until the transfer is complete; DO NOT close that account until transfer is complete.

Perhaps read though some of the applicable Knowledge Base articles, and these these two:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KitchenGuy, When you enter the information on the porting screen, enter whatever information you have available.  not all compnies use all of the fields.  Also not that porting a VOIP number usually takes longer than porting a cell number (that often happens in less than an hour).

KitchenGuy

....Have my landline I meant to say.

Need Help? Let's chat.