cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting USA number

arakheja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Can we port a USA number onto Public Mobile? If so, any steps/process to follow?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@softech wrote:

@arakheja   No you cannot.  

I believe you can port your US number to TextNow, which is a VoIP solution.  Not sure if that serve your purpose.

If you want to (cheaply) keep your USA number but sign up for Canadian mobile service, I agree porting to a USA number parking service like numberbarn.com or a VoIP service like TextNow or voip.ms and forwarding to a new Canadian Public Mobile number is the way to go...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@arakheja 

You can download the WhatsApp and use your USA number so you can text and calling through wifi.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@arakheja 

The only phone numbers which are eligible under Public Mobile services are one's which contain a Canadian area code.

Sorry.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arakheja wrote:

Hi,

Can we port a USA number onto Public Mobile? If so, any steps/process to follow?

Thanks

@arakheja   No you cannot.  

I believe you can port your US number to TextNow, which is a VoIP solution.  Not sure if that serve your purpose.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arakheja Short answer, no. PM is a Canadian company and can only accept Canadian numbers. Your only choice is getting a new Canadian number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arakheja 

No only canadian number,

to make sure for it do chat Live with agent

Online Activation Assistance.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@arakheja wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

@arakheja   No I don't think that's possible.  You'll need to pick a new PM number at activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.