cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Rogers Pay As You Go Number to Public Mobile

norstar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can somebody tell me if it is possible to port a number from Rogers Pay As You Go plan to PM ?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@hairbag1 wrote:

@elu wrote:

I want to transfer my Rogers Pay As You Go number to my PUBLIC MOBILE's number.But I have about $150 left on my ROGERS account.Can I transfer the $150 too?

Nope...you can't transfer the $$ to Public Mobile. You'd have to check with Rogers about how to cash out.

Rogers does not provide refunds of prepaid balances.

As a customer retention method, they may allow the balance to be transferered to a Rogers postpaid account.  When that postpaid account is closed, any extra credit would be refunded to the customer.

@elu wrote:

I want to transfer my Rogers Pay As You Go number to my PUBLIC MOBILE's number.But I have about $150 left on my ROGERS account.Can I transfer the $150 too?

Nope...you can't transfer the $$ to Public Mobile. You'd have to check with Rogers about how to cash out.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@elu  probably not  but that's something you should talk about with rogers

elu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

All you need to do is to pick a line with random # and send a port request just like this:

1-Go to publicmobile.ca and then click My account.
2-Log in to your self-serve account.
3-Select Plan and Add-ons tab from Overview page.
4-Select Change Phone Number from Plan Summary page.
5-Transfer # IN

Don't forget that the line need to be active to port it in

-PM Team

cbertone2

Thanks.  How do i start a new thread.

You'll have a much better chance to resolve your question if you start a new thread.

cbertone2

I am trying to port a Rogers Pay as you go number.  There is no account number and i haven't been able to set up the new account on Public Mobility.  Texts work but not phone calls.  I received a text from Public Mobility saying I need to input account number but I do not have an account number.  Can someone help?

norstar

Great. Thanks for confirming it.

@norstar

Keep the porting information simple and concise.  Just need the account holder name, account number and phone number.  Usually don't need extra information such as PIN, IME, etc.  

Make sure that your Roger's account is active prior to porting.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

should not be an issue

Need Help? Let's chat.