cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Progress?

phasan9800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Afternoon,

How would anyone be able to check the porting progress? How would you be able to know if you ported your number properly? 

I tried porting my number from Vonage but it never asked for my account number.

15 REPLIES 15

Mayellah

Just figured out the messaging a mod too... Having plan update and messaging issues now... 

Mayellah

I did, and finally got it to work yet having plan update and messaging issues now... 

phasan9800

there must have been a special requirement, ie. They would need from you an IMEI# to assure the phone you will be using is unlocked. Happy to hear its working

Mod: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

thats to reach a MOD once you are registered in the community

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TerryR wrote:

@Mayellah wrote:

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PORT...
I'm with BELL, and it's not letting me... I'm about to lose my S*IT>>>> 

I just ported today from Bell. I needed an unlock code for my phone first. It took a couple hours, was wondering what was going on (nothing for a few hours) so i restarted my phone and about 10 msgs popped up. Is your phone unlocked ( i have a samsung 7, Bell had to email a code)? Have you restarted your phone since activating? those things might work, or email a Moderator [not sure how to do that yet...]

If you need to email a moderator:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.

TerryR

@phasan9800 wrote:

from which carrier? and how long did it take from your end?

from Bell. I still have an active Bell account, but they sent me an 'unlock' code for my phone. it took a couple hours. I was getting frustrated after about 4 hours, but restarted my phone and - bamm- it was all good. No clue how long it really took!

phasan9800

One more piece I would like to add, for each carrier there is a set of questions that has been setup. For Fido their is a Fido form. For Bell, there is a Bell form. For Freedom there is a Freedom form. My porting progress could be different from someone elses porting progress.

I dont know if that helps

TerryR

@Mayellah wrote:

I just ported today from Bell. I needed an unlock code for my phone first. It took a couple hours, was wondering what was going on (nothing for a few hours) so i restarted my phone and about 10 msgs popped up. Is your phone unlocked ( i have a samsung 7, Bell had to email a code)? Have you restarted your phone since activating? those things might work, or email a Moderator [not sure how to do that yet...]

phasan9800

have you activated a line?

Mayellah

phasan9800

from which carrier? and how long did it take from your end?

TerryR

i did this just today, needed to restart my phone after i was done. Try that if you are still waiting 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@phasan9800 wrote:

Good Afternoon,

How would anyone be able to check the porting progress? How would you be able to know if you ported your number properly? 

@phasan9800 You will receive a text from PM to confirm the porting done. But you can try to call your old number from another phone. Normal porting may take up to 2 days. 

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported from Fido. There were several fields but I just used my account number. The Fido sim was inactive within 30 minutes! I think you must have missed the section that asks for the porting information...

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Use your old SIM card until it stops working, then you will know the number has been ported and you can switch to the PM sim card. It can take up to 2 days to port a number. If that amount of time has already passed and the number hasn't been ported, then only a Moderator could tell you what went wrong.

Mod: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@phasan9800 wrote:

Good Afternoon,

The transfer screen ought to have had several fields to fill in wanting account information. Apparently it's wise to use a select few and not fill in everything. I should think somewhere it must have had a box asking for account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.