cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Out of Province Number

kcmdmex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am thinking of making the switch from Bell to PM.  I currently live in PEI, but have a Ontario number that I have been using for mant years for business, what's app etc.  Will I be able to port over my Ontario numbers even though my biling address is in PEI?  TIA

8 REPLIES 8

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@kcmdmex, I'm not sure 

So, Ontario is 13%, Alberta is 5%, what's PEI?

We in NB pay 15%, PEI is 15% too

@kcmdmex, I'm not sure which province is cheaper on the tax rate, but if you use a voucher payment, rather than a credit card or debit card payment, depending on where you buy the voucher, the tax could be as low as 5%.

So, Ontario is 13%, Alberta is 5%, what's PEI?

If you have a friend or family member in Alberta, gt them to buy the voucher, you pay them, and they give you the voucher code.

@kcmdmex , it's actually possible to have 2 different mailing addresses in your Public Mobile account, one for the account profile, and one of the billing address of the card you used for payment (if you used a credit card or visa debit card and saved it in your self-serve account).

Public Mobile doesn't even verify the addresses that you give for the account profile.  The addresses link to credit cards/visa debit cards are checked, but that doesn't mean that is your address, only that it matches that of what is linked to the card.

As others ahve said, you can port in any number that is eligible to be ported to Public Mobile. It does not matter that you will be in PEI.  People calling you (even your next door neighbor in PEI) might have to pay for long distance charges depending on their calling plans.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kcmdmex wrote:

Hello,

I am thinking of making the switch from Bell to PM.  I currently live in PEI, but have a Ontario number that I have been using for mant years for business, what's app etc.  Will I be able to port over my Ontario numbers even though my biling address is in PEI?  TIA

I don't think there's any problem at all, but make sure your Bell account has to be actived before you port. Write down Bell account number, PIN number if you have,.if you don't have PIN number just leave blank when you port.

Good luck!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kcmdmex wrote:

Hello,

When you do come to Public Mobile, ensure that you select a plan with Canada wide calling. Otherwise (with one of the few Privince wide plans) your phone will only be able to call number in the province that you happen to be in at that moment.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kcmdmex, you can port any active Canadian number into your account.  Note that taxes are assessed based on phone number area code and not address used in the account. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kcmdmex wrote:

Hello,

@kcmdmex  As long as you provide the correct Bell Account Number, Name and Phone Number on the account when setting up the port it shouldn't be a problem.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kcmdmex wrote:

Hello,

As far as I know, yes! Billing address is just used to in relation to payment, like validating your credit card. But you can port numbers or change numbers as needed.

Need Help? Let's chat.