cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Old Cell Number

LLHawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I just made a big mistake here. When doing my activation setup, I put my home phone number under "Alternate Phone Number" and now it's my new phone number for my cell phone, not my old cell number that I trying to port.  I know I put my old cell phone number under number to be ported. I thought the alternate number was a way for public mobile to reach me in case something went wrong with the activation.

5 REPLIES 5

LLHawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All is good now. I got my old cell number back.  I'm not sure what happen, doesn't matter as I am happy now. Thanks for all the help, great support site.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LLHawk  Send a direct message to Moderators with your name, phone number and SIM card number.  If the port got stuck then they are the only ones that would be able to assist.

@LLHawk wrote:

I think I just made a big mistake here. When doing my activation setup, I put my home phone number under "Alternate Phone Number" and now it's my new phone number for my cell phone, not my old cell number that I trying to port.  I know I put my old cell phone number under number to be ported. I thought the alternate number was a way for public mobile to reach me in case something went wrong with the activation.

The alternate number is indeed just supposed to be way for Public Mobile to contact you should something go wrong.   Since your home phone number should be on it's own account (probably - not sure about the billng with whatever carrier you are at), the porting of that home phone number should fail, so you probably don't have to worry about the wrong phone number being brought over.

Since you don't want to somehow accidently overwrite your home phne number with a different phone if it does somehow come over to Publci Mobile fully, I would get in touch with the moderators to explain things.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LLHawk wrote:

@LLHawk 

You are correct,the alternate number should never get ported. At top right of forum page, click envelope icon, and compose a message to moderator_team for account assistance

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@LLHawk  I believe i've heard that before. But don't worry if you did not provide the account number associated with your home phone. To port in your number, log in to your self-serve account and request to port in from the Change Number option. Only provide the account number and your name. Make sure to tick the Authorized box before submitting. 

Need Help? Let's chat.