cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number

noleigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I would like to port over a number into my new Public Mobile account. 

The number I would like to port over is ***-***-****.  The old service provider was Primus.

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by ShawnC13: Removed phone number

7 REPLIES 7

noleigh

Do you have all the info (i.e. account number, number to be ported) to contact Primus?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@noleigh wrote:

Yes, the Primus account is still active.

Good.  Porting VoIP number will take 1 week or more to complete.  Following my porting info in my earlier post of this thread..  You will not get any incoming calls until Primus release your number to PM.

noleigh

Yes, the Primus account is still active.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@noleigh wrote:

The number I would like to port over is ***-***-****.  The old service provider was Primus.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi @noleigh to be able to port your number from Primus to Public Mobile, your Primus account should still be active.  I hope it is, because you cannot port your number from a closed account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@noleigh 

Your old number must be active in order to port a number to PM.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Port Request"

Please provide

1.  account number

2.  name on account

3.  phone number to be ported

FYI:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days. https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@noleigh wrote:

Thanks,

Tony

You can port over during activation.  If you have already activated your account you will need to contact the moderators.  To do this you can click on the "?" and follow the prompts from SIMon the chatbot.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

This is a public forum. Choose 3 vertical dots and edit out your number.

dots.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.