cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number

nomadkid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m having trouble porting my number. Just moved to BC from the USA and would like to keep my old number. I have Verizon Wireless in the US, have already activated my SIM card, but when I do ‘change my number’ it says ‘We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered’ so am I completely unable to transfer my number?

7 REPLIES 7

That's thinking. I wish I could give this two Bravo's! Smiley Tongue 

@mh1983 wrote:

Get a new Canadian #. Aside from that , you can always port your US number into a VoIP service that supports US calling like MagicJack or Google Voice, then install the app on your phone.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could sign up for an AT&T prepaid plan - keep your number and it works just fine in Canada. 100% of your AT&T plan (data/voice/text) can be used in Canada and/or US. 

You have to go back to US to get it or have  someone get a SIM for you and mail it up. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Get a new Canadian #. Aside from that , you can always port your US number into a VoIP service that supports US calling like MagicJack or Google Voice, then install the app on your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nomadkid wrote:

I’m having trouble porting my number. Just moved to BC from the USA and would like to keep my old number. I have Verizon Wireless in the US, have already activated my SIM card, but when I do ‘change my number’ it says ‘We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered’ so am I completely unable to transfer my number?

@nomadkid  Unfortunately you cannot port a US number to a Canadian provider. You will need to pick a new number. If you want to continue to use your number then best to look at prepaid US plans that include free roaming (calling/text and Data) services when in Canada and Mexico. (AT&T).

public mobile has said if you create a ticket via SIMon chat bot it should be a faster response time then private message.

To do so follow picture attached.

Simon.JPG

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if you can port a US phone# but you could inquire from a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@nomadkid wrote:

I have a feeling you cannot port in a number from outside of Canada and you would need to select a new number with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.