cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number

sunzibinfa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I like to port my number into Public Mobile.  How should I do that?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunzibinfa 

Expect the following after you started th porting process.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  Continue to use your old SIM card until it stop working. Your port is completed and use your new PM SIM card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sunzibinfa, here is a good illustration of the entire activation process including number porting covered in step 4.  If you have already activated, you can just do step 4.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

If you already have a PM account...

When you transfer or port your phone number from another provider, you can keep your existing number. Before you do, here are some things you should know:

• Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
  • You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
  • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
  • Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete.

Here’s the information you’ll need:

- Old account number
- First and last name of the account holder
- Plus an Alternate phone number

And if your old provider is Koodo prepaid, you'll need to contact Moderator_team to assist.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will need to purchase a PM sim.

To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sunzibinfa wrote:

Hi,

I like to port my number into Public Mobile.  How should I do that?

Thanks!

You would log in to your selfserve and select change number.  Then you would select port number from another wireless provider.  After verifying the number can be ported only input account number and the name on the account that is all that is needed.

Now saying that if you are coming from Koodo prepaid you will need the assitance of the moderators.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sunzibinfa  hi first you need to buy a sim an sign up for a plan you can port your number in at that time  you will need account number of your service provider, name on account and number you are porting if you  already have an account just go in to account and change number

Need Help? Let's chat.