cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number to Public Mobile

gracehu148
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

this phone number never been available to public mobile yet.

could you please make it work ASAP? Thanks 

SD08: Moved from Beginner's Guide to Community; title edited to reflect subject.

18 REPLIES 18

@gracehu148 

Call the porting helpline at the number I will send you by Private Message, reserved for porting related problems.  (EDIT:   OOPS, looks like @darlicious  already sent you this, oh well, you'll surely have it anyway...)

Representatives at this number are not able to assist with any other account-related inquiries. 

Whether you are transferring an existing number from another provider into Public Mobile, or transferring your Public Mobile number to another provider, here is the experience you can expect:

Transferring Your Number Into Public Mobile During Activation

You will be provided with the option to transfer your number during the activation process. Here are some things you should know:

• Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number
  • You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
  • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
  • Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Old service provider brandFirst and last name of account holder
IMEI Number OR Previous Provider Account NumberComplete billing address
Alternate Contact Phone NumberAlternate Contact Phone Number

For additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer. Note, that if you are transferring an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, and have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will automatically resend you the SMS text to validate the transfer up to 5 times between the hours of 11 AM and 8 PM ET. If those attempts are unsuccessful, we will send an SMS with instructions on how to reinitiate your number transfer request.

The SMS will read as follows: "Public Mobile msg: You have requested to move your phone number to Public Mobile. A message was sent earlier to authorize the number transfer. We have not received your response. To reinitiate the request, please reply ‘1’ to this text and a NEW message will be sent to authorize the number transfer. Please call our Porting Team if you need more help."

Tips:

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

Please note, it may take up to 2 hours to complete mobile number transfers, and up to 3 business days for landline number transfers. You may experience mixed service during this time until the transfer is complete.

Transferring Or Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You will need to provide the same information as requested during the activation process above.Your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer, so ensure your old SIM card is still in your device so you can receive and respond to this message. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until the number has been successfully transferred.

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see the instructions above).If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

@HQQ wrote:

Hello, my phone number xxxxxxxxxx did not transfer to public mobile since last Friday until now 

@HQQ  are you @gracehu148  since you two are posting exactly the same message.

Either way, remove your phone number (at your own post, click on the 3 dots to edit)  as this is a public forum and we don't need to know your phone number.

I will message you the porting department for you to check the status with PM directly

@gracehu148  can you confirm at which stage you are at now?

Seems like you are trying to activate your account.  Have you done so yet?   Or you got the error during activation online?  If so.  wait 10 mins  Check your credit card to see if PM already charged you.  In many occasions, the activation webpage crashed but the account was in fact created and debited.

HQQ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my phone number xxxxxxxxxx did not transfer to public mobile since last Friday until now 

Edited by SD08: Phone number removed.  Please do not post personal info on this public forum.

@darlicious , i think HQQ is gracehu148, they post the exact same message...

@HQQ 

What were you trying to do when you got this message?

HQQ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 1846C224.

Click your browser's Back button to contin

@gracehu148  maybe you need to call the porting department to confirm the status.  I will private message you the number.  Check the  "envelop" icon on the top right 

gracehu148

Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 1846C224.

gracehu148

@gracehu148 

You will have to have your port request reintiated. You can have the moderators do this for you by contacting them as instructed by @esjliv  or by calling the telus porting department yourself with your previous provider's account #. As mentioned put your old sim card back in your phone and respond YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it.

You can then wait for your services to stop working on your old sim or put the pm sim card in your phone and wait for your incoming calling to start working on the pm sim card. This will take a few minutes up to two hours for your port to complete.

I will private message you the telus porting department #. Check your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for my message.

@gracehu148  if you have replied YES to your previous provider SMS.. then the transfer should complete soon.. let us know.

gracehu148

Got. Thanks 

@gracehu148 Porting takes 2 to 4 hours.  Also, you need to still have your OLD SIM from your previous provider on a phone.  your old provider will send you and SMS and you need to reply YES to confirm you are leaving them for the phone number transfer to work.  Have you done that part yet?

After you reply YES to your previous provider, then you can put your PM SIM into the phone and reboot every 30 mins for an update until the transfer is completed

@gracehu148  this is a public forum and everyone see what you posted. 

Please click on the 3 dots on our post to edit it and remove your personal info.

We are all just customers like you and try to help.

to  hope a ticket , please do : 

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@gracehu148 wrote:

@gracehu148 

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team PRIVATELY, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

gracehu148

I am waiting My cell phone number **** transfer to public mobile since last Friday until now nobody can do it for me.

my name ****

Edited message: removed personal information.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gracehu148   we are all customers here like you.  But we can try our best to help too.. May I know what is the issue? New activation issue?  porting issue??

Also, maybe start a new thread for easy tracking..

Need Help? Let's chat.