cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number over to PM

Ozzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to open up a Public Mobile account, (with a new number). Then in a couple of weeks after trying out the service. Then be able to port my number I have with Rogers over to the account?

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Ozzi Usually there are no issues activating and porting, but suggest perusing BE PREPARED

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Ozzi wrote:

PERFECT!

So, say I also get a referral before I port the number, that won't be an issue? I read somewhere referral's are phone number based, and not based on the account?

No issue ...the referal will stay with the 1$ credit per month with you even if you port your number from Rogers.

Ozzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PERFECT!

So, say I also get a referral before I port the number, that won't be an issue? I read somewhere referral's are phone number based, and not based on the account?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Just to add when porting from Rogers, make sure to remove the hyphens when entering the account number.  Do not enter the account number as it appears on the bill.  Including hyphens will result in porting failure. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Ozzi wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to open up a Public Mobile account, (with a new number). Then in a couple of weeks after trying out the service. Then be able to port my number I have with Rogers over to the account?

YES it's the best way to port your number.Smiley Happy When everything is OK you can ask for the port in your self-serve account tab PLAN/OPTIONS and CHANGE MY NUMBER. You can do it by yourself.

Need Help? Let's chat.