cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number from Koodo

sarahjean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

Currently struggling to port my old number from Koodo. My account is still active there. I have looked up other threads on this topic but I think my situation is unique? I've attempted to port it myself on PM self serve, but whenever I enter my old number into the "Check if this number is still available" box, an error message pops up that says I have to log out and log back in. Not sure what my next step should be here. When I authorized my SIM, it said to choose a new number if I was a Koodo user and then contact PM afterwards. Thanks for the help!

6 REPLIES 6

sarahjean

Why, thank you. That was all it took. 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sarahjean 

PM server does not handle session state very well.  After getting error, restart you browser to start with a new session.

@Jb456 wrote:

From what I've read. Many have suggested to sign up a new account and select a new number..After account is created with the new number go into self serve and port your number.

Benefits of doing it this way is that if anything messes up with PM system while creating the account you'd still have access to your original phone number and not loose it.

Yes the best way to do it

You also get to test it before you switch over.

Once the account is set up, if you cannot port from the self-serve just contact moderators through Simon for help.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

From what I've read. Many have suggested to sign up a new account and select a new number..After account is created with the new number go into self serve and port your number.

Benefits of doing it this way is that if anything messes up with PM system while creating the account you'd still have access to your original phone number and not loose it.

sarahjean

I am a monthly customer.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Are you prepaid Koodo customer?

You will need to contact Moderators

Now there is a new system in place where you should contact them through Simon, click on the question mark and tell it you want to port number from Koodo with the help of moderators. It will prefill support form for you in the background and things should go smoother and faster than if you do it directly

Need Help? Let's chat.