cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Porting Number from Fido

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience today when porting from Fido.

I have used Public Mobile for a couple of months, and recommend the service to my elderly uncle and aunt.  With limited technical knowledge and no phone call/store support, I have tried to help them to perform the porting from Fido.

I have encountered issue during the porting and raise the following thread:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Alternate-Phone-Number-Regex-Help/td-p/464...

After I went back from out of town trip, the same issue happened.  As suggested by @Shazia_K, I tried to open a new temporary account first, and PM her for the porting.  When I choose open new account, I was unable to pick the province and city in the dropdown.  Like the Alternate Phone Number Regex issue in the porting panel, I tried different computers, tablet, browser and same issue.  I tried it last night and today morning, same issue.  I almost want to give up, and send the information to @Shazia_K, and she initiated to help me to create the account, and I need to signon and choose the plan.  Finally I can pass the porting information to her.  This whole abnormal process is completed within 3 hours, and unlike other people taking 3 days.  I really would like to thank her.

However, Public Mobile should review the 2 issues on the self serve.  I recalled that I did not have this issues many months ago.  I think the service of Public Mobile should be improving instead of going in the wrong direction.

Legend

Re: Porting Number from Fido

Hi @vrance,

If you wish to have your post reviewed and considered by Public Mobile, the only board for it is the Public Lab. I strongly suggest that you move it there.

Good luck!
Retraité / Retired

Hi @vrance,

I`m sorry to hear about the ordeal you had to go through to port in your elderly uncle and aunt. Unfortunately, this is a known issue that is not impacting everyone but a certain few. I`m happy that @Shazia_K was able to assist youSmiley Happy

Thank you for sharing your experience with us,

Jeremy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you porting your fido number you should ask the fido your account number and transfer number
Then in free text write down your transfer number .
In my case it took around 7minute that I got confirmation, then 20 minut that fido cancelled my fido sim .
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, could you explain what does "transfer number" mean? Thanks

Legend

Hi,

When you port a number, you are transferring that number from the carrier that you are leaving to the new carrier that will provide cellphone service.

Cheers.

Is it Interaction ID
Srart from I********* numvers

You have to call to fido customers service and ask them it.
But I'm going comeback to fido.
Legend

@PMuser,

I'm asking politely. What happened to your plan to become a Wind customer?

Martin

I answered to wangchuan822 .

For Canada Fido for UD wind .

US*