cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number from Bell Issue

JelloOwnsU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just referred my friend to start using PM but she can't seem to port her number from Bell. Her bell number was not active when she activated PM. Once she got it active, she's unable to port her number. I got a voicemail from PM saying she needs to contact the moderators and she did but it's been more than 2 days and still no response from them. Now she's stuck, she can text and call with her PM sim but all the incoming texts went to bell sim card. Went to Walmart and they contacted customer service and told her to wait 2 hours, still nothing. Is the only option here to get a new number?

Can somebody please help us out? @Moderator_Team

Thank you so much!

7 REPLIES 7

JelloOwnsU

@hzmy wrote:

@JelloOwnsU wrote:

I just referred my friend to start using PM but she can't seem to port her number from Bell. Her bell number was not active when she activated PM. Once she got it active, she's unable to port her number. I got a voicemail from PM saying she needs to contact the moderators and she did but it's been more than 2 days and still no response from them. Now she's stuck, she can text and call with her PM sim but all the incoming texts went to bell sim card. Went to Walmart and they contacted customer service and told her to wait 2 hours, still nothing. Is the only option here to get a new number?

Thank you so much!

Officially send the mod team a private message with your number, full name, and PIN.

You can do nothing but wait, and I am under the same situation as well. You are not alone.

Before we had to call Bell to see if the number was able to port over, the mod team replied her pm. So yeah, I guess all we really had to do was wait. The mod team is really backed up with the inquires...took them more than 3-4 days to reply. Hopefully your situation is resolved as well!

Thanks everyone again for their replies!

JelloOwnsU

@mpcdesign wrote:

I thought tagging a moderator is not good PM etiquette? Or has this changed?

I just followed the steps on this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Reneelynn12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So bell would have to create a port out request for your friend. Once the port out request is made it shouldn’t be an issue to port the number over. I know if the number isn’t active then it’s  not possible to port, but where it is still active my guess would be you just need to make the request with bell first. 

JelloOwnsU

@hzmy wrote:

@JelloOwnsU wrote:

Thank you so much!

Officially send the mod team a private message with your number, full name, and PIN.

You can do nothing but wait, and I am under the same situation as well. You are not alone.

As bad as this sounds, glad someone is in the same boat as me. Hopefully it works out for both of us! Thank you all for your input.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I thought tagging a moderator is not good PM etiquette? Or has this changed?

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JelloOwnsU wrote:

Thank you so much!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@JelloOwnsU Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do other than wait patiently. Moderators are behind as they are getting many inquiries. So the wait time is 2-3 days. Let's hope @CS_Agent get back to you tomorrow morning. 

Need Help? Let's chat.