cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Over

pn_harp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community,

My old phone that I had with Public Mobile stopped working so I got a new phone. The SIM card fits in my new pnone and would like to port my number over. Can a Moderator please help? I messaged the Moderator Team Thursday but got no reply. Thank you for your time. 

6 REPLIES 6

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news! Glad it started working for you!

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad to hear @pn_harp that everything worked out.

That is very patient of you as well.

Often time when people request to port a number over, it doesn't go through immediately and they are asking questions as to why.

I believe that porting numbers can take up to 24 hours or more. However, they usually only take 2 hours. The recommendation is to use the old SIM card until you lose service, and then start using the newly activated Public Mobile SIM card and everything should have transferred successfully. Sometimes however there are hiccups along the way and further assistance is required.

I'm happy that you have everything in order. Please don't hesistate if you have anymore questions.

Hope you have a great weekend.

pn_harp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Jarvar,

When I purchased the phone, when they were setting it up for me they told me the number didn't port over after putting old SIM card in new phone. I just checked and the number I wanted to port over is indeed in my phone. Thank you for your help! Have a nice weekend. 🙂 

Jarvar

@pn_harp

Please let us know if any of these recommendations have worked. There could be some others who have similar questions and are looking for answers as well.

We are glad to help.

@pn_harp

Agree with above.  Just need to switch the SIM card from your old phone to your new phone.  Should work in your new phone.  If the SIM card does not work and your account is active, you may need to change some settings on your new phone.  But, it should be a simple switch of SIM card.

If further issues, let us know....

Jarvar

Good morning @pn_harp

Did you get a new SIM card as well? You should just be able to pop the old SIM into the new phone and it should work.

I don't think you have to port the old number from Public Mobile to the new Phone, I believe it is attached to the SIM card. However, if you are trying to port another number from a different provider then that would require further steps.

Please clarify what you are trying to do so that community members can better help you.

Take care!

Need Help? Let's chat.