cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Issue from Koodo Prepaid

dublingirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edit: This is a post of mine from 3 years ago and I have another issue porting in. I should have created a new post, SORRY! I am copying the reply I made further down below into the original post so it's not ridiculously confusing. Mods, please feel free to delete this thread and I can createa new one. 

It certainly has been a few years, I don't even remember writing any of these posts, but I have just come back to Public Mobile after spending a few years with Public's uglier and smellier brother in the middle, Koodo. Once again I'm dealing with a porting issue with my phone number into the service. My number is currently with Koodo prepaid, however it was on a Koodo post paid plan up until 3 months ago at which point I cancelled the service outright and left the number dormant while I opened a prepaid account with a new number that I used that for only 1 month. One week ago I filled out a port request in Koodo's prepaid self serve to attempt to reclaim the cancelled number. The system said "success" after I provided the info and submitted the request. The ported number now shows up in the portal as the number associated with my prepaid account. I received a voicemail the following day from the "port team / port office" asking me to call the previous provider and ask them to reactivate the number, even though it is a Koodo number. I spoke with the porting team and they advised to call Koodo CS, so I called Koodo and they said the port appears to have been successful, and they can see the phone number tied to my prepaid account number and I am good to go, but I when I enter the number via the PM change number option I get an error that says it cannot be ported. I only have until the 18th of this month at which point the Koodo prepaid account is supposed to be closed/deactivated. Anyone have any ideas about what i can or should do?

Hi - I need assistance as soon as possible as I am unable to receive any phone calls.  I have contacted Fido and they still have my account as active due to Public Mobile not finalizing the port.  So as a result I am paying for two plans.  My phone # is in limbo.

Please help!!!

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O

10 REPLIES 10

@dublingirl  Moderator assistance is required to port a number from koodo prepaid due to the sharing of platforms or something like that with public mobile. So @cellphoneuser1 is correctyou should contact them asap so they can hopefully complete your port before the end of business on the 18th. You will be pushing it. Make sure you stay on top of all messages from the moderator and have all your info from koodo ready at hand. Since this is time sensitive I suggestseding a private message to the Moderator_team with your ticket ref # and give them some verification info for your pm account and your koodo account information to hopefully cut down on time wasted with back and forth messaging. Be sure to include from your pm account: email, pin#, full name on account, address, security question and answer, pm phone#, payment type and last 4 digits of card if applicable and for your koodo acct#, ph# on acct, full name, pin # and include the date the acct will suspend. Hopefully this will speed up the process and confirm the ph# to be ported.

@dublingirl 

You can't port Koodo prepaid yourself to Public. Only a moderator can.  Open ticket by clicking on question mark and type- talk to rep.

dublingirl

It certainly has been a few years, I don't even remember writing any of these posts, but I have just come back to Public Mobile after spending a few years with Public's uglier and smellier brother in the middle, Koodo. Once again I'm dealing with a porting issue with my phone number into the service. My number is currently with Koodo prepaid, however it was on a Koodo post paid plan up until 3 months ago at which point I cancelled the service outright and left the number dormant while I opened a prepaid account with a new number that I used that for only 1 month. One week ago I filled out a port request in Koodo's prepaid self serve to attempt to reclaim the cancelled number. The system said "success" after I provided the info and submitted the request. The ported number now shows up in the portal as the number associated with my prepaid account. I received a voicemail the following day from the "port team / port office" asking me to call the previous provider and ask them to reactivate the number, even though it is a Koodo number. I spoke with the porting team and they advised to call Koodo CS, so I called Koodo and they said the port appears to have been successful, and they can see the phone number tied to my prepaid account number and I am good to go, but I when I enter the number via the PM change number option I get an error that says it cannot be ported. I only have until the 18th of this month at which point the Koodo prepaid account is supposed to be closed/deactivated. Anyone have any ideas about what i can or should do?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm so happy for you, welcome to the PM family 🙂

dublingirl

Everything is now working, thank you to @Shazia_K for the help. Also, sending a forgot password is working now as well to get into my account on self serve too so it looks like things are getting back to whatever the normal might be.  Am happy to be a part of Public Mobile now! Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
Ok

dublingirl

I am going to wait it out for a day or two first, thanks though.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately you might have to cancel then.

dublingirl

Thanks for the response.  I hope I don't end up waiting 10 days like some others, I can't afford to do that and will end up having to cancel all together 😞

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. PM has had some huge back logs, stemming from that recent Promo, and they're JUST now attempting to process, in order of queue, rest assured, PM Mods will fix this for U

Need Help? Let's chat.