cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issues

jillianh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I activated my account and ported from virgin last night. I can make phone calls and use my data but if someone calls me, it just rings on their end and doesn’t come through on my end. I can receive texts but not send texts too. I have restarted my phone a few times but still nothing. How long does porting take and is there something I need to do to complete the porting process? I tried submitting a ticket through the bot but the link to create a ticket is broken so didn’t know what to do from there. 

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes a few hours for the port.  Try clicking on the question mark on the bottom right to submit a ticket.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jillianh my port from virgin took about 3 hours. what type of phone do you have? try resetting your network settings and restart the phone

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Port might be stuck. Since a ticket is not working contact moderators via private message at link below. Keep a look out at your mailbox on the top of community forums for a reply as that is where they will contact you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.