cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

Jiong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated the sim at Walmat 2 days ago, but porting from Speakout seems having issue that I cannot receive calls. Send PM to the Moderator_Team yesterday morning and this morning without any reply. Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jiong wrote:

ok, I just hold on there until they reply.

Yes, for the time being supply any missing info to moderator while waiting.

I read every post about porting from Speakout for 10 months before porting as I don't want to wait 2 - 3 days for moderator help.  I know the info on the link I posted earlier works without moderator help.

Jiong

ok, I just hold on there until they reply.

@Jiong wrote:

If do it online again, should I go through the SIM activation, but doesn't make sense. It doesn't provide port number option only online.

If your port is stuck, only the moderators can help. You'd complicate things by trying to make another request yourself.

Hang in there, they'll get to you.

@stonechucker wrote:

You can aFaFlso ask them for your REAL account number, and use that - I believe Speakout pretends your phone number is the account number.  @wetcoaster, does this sound right?

@stonechucker 

I believe that SpeakOut is all over the map with their porting advice - my own experience is quite different from @popping 's. 

Fact is that SpeakOut (and PetroCan Mobility) don't have account numbers but use the phone number as identifier. I'm still advocating for people to call SpeakOut customer service to confirm the porting information.

Jiong

If do it online again, should I go through the SIM activation, but doesn't make sense. It doesn't provide port number option only online.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jiong wrote:

I activated the sim at Walmat 2 days ago, but porting from Speakout seems having issue that I cannot receive calls. Send PM to the Moderator_Team yesterday morning and this morning without any reply. Please help.

Read my thread on how I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Send a private message to moderator with your Speakout fino that I used.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can also ask them for your REAL account number, and use that - I believe Speakout pretends your phone number is the account number.  @wetcoaster, does this sound right?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jiong 

You will need this information when contacting a moderator to complete the port:

1. Speakout PIN (call speakout customer service if you forgot it)

2. IMEI of the last device connected to your speakout SIM

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Jiong  hi it is not unusual to take 3 or four days for a port from speakout hang in there!!Smiley Happy moderator times are 2 to 3 days right now 

Need Help? Let's chat.