cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting From Rogers Problems!

Bonnie123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My family of 4 is switching to PM, I had no trouble porting the first number, the second one it will not allow me to port.  I am beyond frustrated with the:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

message.  My husband has all four phones in our plan with Rogers and they are all in his name.

HELP

7 REPLIES 7

Bonnie123

Thanks everyone, the problem has all been sorted out😊

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You absolutely need to create 4 different Public Mobile accounts.
If you have a GMAIL account, you can use the same GMAIL account to create all 4 different Public Mobile accounts.
Use GMAIL ALIAS option. Example, if your GMAIL addresses is Alice@gmail.com
Alice+John@gmail.com (+ sign need to be there)
Alice+Frank@gmail.com
Alice+Mary@gmail.com
Will all go into Inbox of Alice@gmail.com

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Bonnie123 wrote:

No,

I ported successfully my oldest’s phone, but used my husband’s info.  Afterward I discovered that you can only have one account per phone so I changed the account info to reflect my daughter.  Now this notice comes up after I enter my second child’s phone number to port.

I have tried porting with husbands info and her info, just keep getting the same message.

@Bonnie123  Is the Rogers account still active? My recommendation is ti pick a temporary number with Public Mobile for now to compete the activation and create your daughter's selfserve account. Once that is done the you can try the port by using selfserve.

If it still an issue then you need to notify PM to investigate why the port is not going through. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Might be time to message a MOD for help?

Good luck... hope it works out asap

Bonnie123

No,

I ported successfully my oldest’s phone, but used my husband’s info.  Afterward I discovered that you can only have one account per phone so I changed the account info to reflect my daughter.  Now this notice comes up after I enter my second child’s phone number to port.

I have tried porting with husbands info and her info, just keep getting the same message.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is the first number you ported was your husband number?

The master account number should be the last one to port.

Need Help? Let's chat.