cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting From Koodo To Public Mobile

davidvh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is porting post-paid Koodo numbers taking so long?

I began by checking my number's eligibility...

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered.

I sent a Private Message to a moderator and more than 24 hours later there still is no response.

I contacted Koodo yesterday, too. A Public Mobile employee began the porting process on my behalf.

This evening my number still hasn't ported.

Not being very bright, this afternoon I began porting my wife's number to Public Mobile. I thought there wouldn't be a problem as her number was eligible.

Wrong.

It's been hours and her number hasn't ported, either.

Fantastic. Now my familiy is going dark... no one can reach us. Calling our numbers gives a not in service message.

Have I lost our telephone numbers? Have I lost my senses? Am I losing my sanity? How does Cadbury get the caramel inside the caramilk bar?

I feel sick.

5 REPLIES 5

davidvh

What went wrong? No clue.

There was an explanation but I didn't understand it. May've been that at one time our numbers were on a pre-paid plan for a short period. Seeing how I attempted to port my wife's number when the first hadn't made it through speaks volumes about my intelligence.

Like I said, at least everything's working now.

davidvh

Today I spent three and a half hours on the telepone with Koodo. Over one hour of that was waiting to speak to a customer rep.

Wait times are ridiculous but the reps are great. No fault there. Each one over the past few days has been terrific.

Long story short... problem solved. Numbers ported, lines active.

Phew!

All's right in our world.

Well, except I still can't figure out that Cadbury problem... sometimes keeps me up at night.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

with PM, it just seems like anything can happen!

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@davidvh wrote:

I sent a Private Message to a moderator and more than 24 hours later there still is no response.

I contacted Koodo yesterday, too. A Public Mobile employee began the porting process on my behalf.

Not being very bright, this afternoon I began porting my wife's number to Public Mobile. I thought there wouldn't be a problem as her number was eligible.

Wrong.

Fantastic. Now my familiy is going dark... no one can reach us. Calling our numbers gives a not in service message.

Have I lost our telephone numbers? Have I lost my senses? Am I losing my sanity? How does Cadbury get the caramel inside the caramilk bar?

I feel sick.

I hadn't heard of people having issues with post paid ports from Koodo?  Also strange that the port isn't completed and your koodo sim isn't working.  Unfortunately right now it is a 24-48 hour estimated response time.  Sorry there is nothing you can do but wait for a response, hopefully they will get to you very soon tomorrow morning.  Interesting to see Koodo customers coming this way when a lot are going the other way with the latest offer of 8GB for $45 for PM customers to migrate to Koodo.

You have to come here to go there in order to get the $45/8GB plan.  I do find it strange that calling Koodo can get access to Public Mobile.  In terms of the number port within the family, it is so easy, how can they leave a customer stranded?  I wonder if there is yet another bug affecting porting.  Say it isn't so.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@davidvh wrote:

Wrong.

I feel sick.

I hadn't heard of people having issues with post paid ports from Koodo?  Also strange that the port isn't completed and your koodo sim isn't working.  Unfortunately right now it is a 24-48 hour estimated response time.  Sorry there is nothing you can do but wait for a response, hopefully they will get to you very soon tomorrow morning.  Interesting to see Koodo customers coming this way when a lot are going the other way with the latest offer of 8GB for $45 for PM customers to migrate to Koodo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.