cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting A Business Line

darlenereid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone had any luck porting a business land line to a cell phone?  It's been since Jan 20th and my business line rings nowhere - not on the land line and not on my cell phone so I'm losing client calls daily.  I can call out from BOTH the land line and the cell phone but cannot receive calls on either number. I can't seem to get an answer to get this resolved.  Now that the port is hung can I port the number to Rogers or a different provider?  I just can't wait any longer with lost business.

7 REPLIES 7

allenw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cellphone to cellphone ports (By this I mean mobile phone numbers) usually take anywhere from 2 hours to 24hours depending on the number of people trying to submit port requests at once. 

Because you're trying to port a business landline TO a cellphone line (assuming i'm understanding correctly), these typically take at least 3-5 business days, sometimes longer depending on which carrier you're trying to bring it from, and who you're trying to transfer it to.

Although this is a public mobile forum, any other carrier can offer you wireless services. You could choose get a temporary phone number from the carrier of your choice, and while you're at it, submit your business land line phone number port request. Assuming you're doing this in a retail location, the store agent helping you will be able to submit the required information to initiate a port request, although it does take a while for any business landline phone number to transfer. In the meantime, you can use your business line until it disconnects, but you'll be able to use it with your new carrier once the port is complete. If the port fails or doesn't go through in the expected amount of time, it means there may be a problem with the account # or billing information provided when you were trying to transfer the business landline number. 

@darlenereid wrote:

It's been two weeks.  I thought ports were supposed to take 24-48 hours.

Ports from land lines often take considerably longer. Ports from mobile numbers often complete in less than an hour. Ports from VoIP providers can take multiple weeks I hear.

When someone calls your number, does it land at the voicemail system of either provider? If so, there is usually an alternate access number you can dial directly to retrieve them in the mean time.

I guess a quick question to the mods would at least confirm if everything was submitted correctly, and things are moving along. (Albeit slowly).

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlenereid wrote:

It took 10 business days to port my landline from Bell to Koodo, 2 weeks of real time

@darlenereid wrote:

@darlenereid Did you try calling the Telus porting centre? They may be able to help complete the port.

If they cannot help, you'll have to contact Moderator_team as suggested by others.

@darlenereid not if you port a landline 

@darlenereid wrote:

darlenereid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@darlenereid wrote:

Has anyone had any luck porting a business land line to a cell phone?  It's been since Jan 20th and my business line rings nowhere - not on the land line and not on my cell phone so I'm losing client calls daily.  I can call out from BOTH the land line and the cell phone but cannot receive calls on either number. I can't seem to get an answer to get this resolved.  Now that the port is hung can I port the number to Rogers or a different provider?  I just can't wait any longer with lost business.

@darlenereid Port is not finished. To contact moderators who can help, click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.