cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BJB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: No services after porting my number

I had a similar problem. The notes do say it can take up to 2 hours for your number to be released from your previous carrier. Solved by restarting my phone after about 2 hours. 

Re: Lost cell phone number - need help asap

@lwhilton @Jb456 @z10user4 

These three threads have been merged so that everyone doesn't have to go back and forth to figure out what's going on.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long does Public Mobile keep numbers in a bank?

I ported the wrong number yesterday and am wondering how long they keep those numbers ina  bank.  I've had the same number for 15 years and related to my business as well as kids emergency contacts.  Moderators haven't got back to me.

Oracle

Re: How long does Public Mobile keep numbers in a bank?

@lwhilton, I am not sure what you mean by this?  The impact of a wrong number port is that if you own that number in a different service, the porting will lead to cancellation of that service with the ported number replacing a number you were using at Public Mobile.  The replaced number goes into a pool of numbers that are quarantined for a specified period of time after which they become available for issue to new accounts. 

With respect to moderator team response, the intel I have received from people that I know who have contacted the moderator team in recent days, the response time is between 3-4 days.  It could be a while before you hear back from them. 

Mayor / Maire

@lwhilton wrote:

I ported the wrong number yesterday and am wondering how long they keep those numbers ina  bank.  I've had the same number for 15 years and related to my business as well as kids emergency contacts.  Moderators haven't got back to me.

If the number came from Telus/Koodo/here then you might be able to get it back.

If it came from elsewhere then that could be a problem.

Mayor / Maire

@lwhilton wrote:

If the number was released because of a port-in then not very long maybe then next morning but I'm not sure. To only time it doesn't get released is when you suspend your account. The number stays in your account for 90 days.

Mayor / Maire

@lwhilton wrote:

My understanding is that a number is held for 90 days before it can be re-issued to a new user. But of course if you're number was originally issued by another carrier then it would go back to that carrier once the port was complete.

@lwhilton wrote:

I've merged this thread as well to this one. You'll find it easier to find your responses about this issue if they're all in one thread instead of many.