cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported wrong number

lwhilton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  •  need help ASAP.  I was just setting up an account for my mom and everything was going fine.  I was logged in both my account and hers and ported her number to my account by mistake and have lost my cell number  and her number is now on my account.  I need this repaired ASAP  THank you!
27 REPLIES 27

@lwhilton wrote:

I ported the wrong number yesterday and am wondering how long they keep those numbers ina  bank.  I've had the same number for 15 years and related to my business as well as kids emergency contacts.  Moderators haven't got back to me.

I've merged this thread as well to this one. You'll find it easier to find your responses about this issue if they're all in one thread instead of many. 

@lwhilton wrote:

I ported the wrong number yesterday and am wondering how long they keep those numbers ina  bank.  I've had the same number for 15 years and related to my business as well as kids emergency contacts.  Moderators haven't got back to me.

My understanding is that a number is held for 90 days before it can be re-issued to a new user. But of course if you're number was originally issued by another carrier then it would go back to that carrier once the port was complete.

@lwhilton wrote:

If the number was released because of a port-in then not very long maybe then next morning but I'm not sure. To only time it doesn't get released is when you suspend your account. The number stays in your account for 90 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lwhilton wrote:

If the number came from Telus/Koodo/here then you might be able to get it back.

If it came from elsewhere then that could be a problem.

@lwhilton, I am not sure what you mean by this?  The impact of a wrong number port is that if you own that number in a different service, the porting will lead to cancellation of that service with the ported number replacing a number you were using at Public Mobile.  The replaced number goes into a pool of numbers that are quarantined for a specified period of time after which they become available for issue to new accounts. 

With respect to moderator team response, the intel I have received from people that I know who have contacted the moderator team in recent days, the response time is between 3-4 days.  It could be a while before you hear back from them. 

lwhilton

@lwhilton @Jb456 @Anonymous 

These three threads have been merged so that everyone doesn't have to go back and forth to figure out what's going on.

BJB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a similar problem. The notes do say it can take up to 2 hours for your number to be released from your previous carrier. Solved by restarting my phone after about 2 hours. 

@lwhiltonNope that's what we get for bargain basement price.

lwhilton

Is the any way to speak with support on the phone?

@lwhilton wrote:

I really need someone at Public mobile to call me back.  It is a complicated situation

Did you give alternate number when making the port request. They might call to that phone number, but only way to for you to contact them is in private message to moderator_team or using Simon.

lwhilton

brutal, but thank you for the info.

Stay Safe!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Mods can you merge threads?

I don't think mods do that. I think only the Oracle's do. I suppose the mods *could* but I've not seen it mentioned.

Tagging Oracle's seems to work though. @computergeek541 We'll see if he's around.

lwhilton

Someone said it wasn't detailed enough and still waiitng for a moderator.  Hoping to get some service soon.

Stay Safe!

lwhilton

I have had a public mobile account for a few months and love it. Convinced my mom to switch and set up her new account today.  In the process I had two windows open, one with my account and one with her new one.  Looks like I tranferred her old number to my account and now my number is gone.  I've spent hours trying to get in touch with someone and get my number back.  Hoping someone can help and she doesn' have her old number any more either and we need them ASAP.  Thank you!

@lwhilton Moved your post to its own thread as you say it's complicated. If you provide more details the Community will try to assist you. 

Otherwise, contact the maderators (typo on perpose Robot LOL). To get a ticket click the ? on the lowerr right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit ticket", and follow the directions to do so.

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@lwhilton wrote:

how do I submit a ticket?  I can't find anything that allows that

@lwhilton 

psf.JPG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lwhilton wrote:
  •  need help ASAP.  I was just setting up an account for my mom and everything was going fine.  I was logged in both my account and hers and ported her number to my account by mistake and have lost my cell number  and her number is now on my account.  I need this repaired ASAP  THank you!

@lwhilton  Yikes!! I think best scenario is to give your account to you mom and ask the moderator if your old number is available and see if they can assign it to your mom's newly activated account. If not, then you will have to select a new number for that account. 

Good luck!!

@lwhilton wrote:

Click on the ? mark at the bottom of the page, then input ticket and then contact us.

Stay Safe!

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lwhilton wrote:

Open a ticket via SIMon the chat bot here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

lwhilton

lwhilton

I really need someone at Public mobile to call me back.  It is a complicated situation

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lwhilton wrote:

You'll need the help of moderators for this.  Click on chatbot SIMon, ? mark bubble bottom right of the screen and submit a ticket.  Good luck because you might have bit of wait before hearing back depending upon how busy the moderators are.

Need Help? Let's chat.