cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number not receiving phone calls

NotaModerator
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my cell phone number the other day, but i cannot receive calls, they go right to voice mail (which I'm also not receiving).  

In self-serve i confirmed under plans & addons that my number appears as the ported number, so i'm guessing it went through, but what else can I do?

19 REPLIES 19

sadeq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i did and sent a lot of messages no more than one reply from them askin me for info and i set it no and no more any mesege from them

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sadeq 

Send a private message to moderator for help with your stuck port.  Moderator wait time is upto 2 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Your old SIM card is not working and you cannot dial out and receive calls.  Not much you can do but wait for moderator to work on your port.

sadeq

yes i had tried all possiblety but now even need my old number if can't port just to be able use my phone 

Like2cook

did you try shutting down your phone. Waiting for 15 seconds. And starting up again. Then check.

sadeq

the old was bell mobility account now not working it disconnected after porting showing unregistetrd sim and my public i can see the public mobile name but no call no receive

sadeq

the old was bell mobility account now not working it disconnected after porting showing unregistetrd sim and my public i can see the public mobile name but no call no receive

mimmo

@sadeq it is usually best to start a new thread. Does your old sim work? Stuck ports typically allow you t o make outgoing calls, but Incoming go to old provider.  Is your old account active? If yes use old sim

sadeq

To:   Moderator_Team     a 4 days ago porting my number problem please i'm waiting for 3 days To: Rod,Public Mobile Moderator Team.

5 days ago my phone not working after port my number please helpe i have been waiting  no reply from   Moderator_Team please

sadeq

To:   Moderator_Team     a 4 days ago porting my number problem please i'm waiting for 3 days To: Rod,Public Mobile Moderator Team.

5 days ago my phone not working after port my number please helpe i have been waiting  no reply from   Moderator_Team please

Chanty

When some businesses and a few fiends try to call me they receive a msg saying «  sorry the contact you are trying to reach is unavailable please check the number and try your call again.   

I sat there and watched them dial my phone number and listened to the msg it states.   

My bill is paid and phone was in service location 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kelseygardener wrote:

Hello. I signed up with public mobile 12 days ago and have not been able to receive calls. Most text messages seem to work, I can make calls just not incoming. It says the number you have reached is not in service. Can this please be fixed. 

You can try the following steps:

-Go into your phone's settings and under Cellular Settings, manually choose Public Mobile as your Network operator

-If that doesn't work, reboot your phone

-You can also power off your phone and remove your SIM.  Re-insert and power on.

If that doesn't work, you can send a private message to a Moderator_Team and ask them to look at your account.

mimmo

hi you probably have an incomplete port. only mods can help.  please message them and provide the info below:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Kelseygardener

Hello. I signed up with public mobile 12 days ago and have not been able to receive calls. Most text messages seem to work, I can make calls just not incoming. It says the number you have reached is not in service. Can this please be fixed. 

@NotaModeratorwrote:

I believe this must be the case then, as i'm hearing the old voice mail greeting.  I'll try the mods, thanks again.

This means that all your incoming phone calls are still going to your old provider.  You should be able to still use the service at the old provider until the phone number is transfered.

Before contacting a moderator, I would make sure you have the correct account number from your old provider.  If the Public Mobile moderators need to resubmit the phone number transfer request, you'll need to be able to provide such information about your old provider's account.

Wireless to wireless provider number porting is supposed to be completed within 2.5 hours. Since you are saying that you made the phone number transfer request on a different day in the past, it's likely that you'll have to try to the number port again.  Don't try to do this yourself, but make sure you get a moderator to  help you.

damenace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the exactly the same problem when I switched my wife's Fido to PM 30 days plan yesterday.  It went to Fido's voice mail box. I was about to get panicy, then I got a SMS from PM said the porting was successful about 15 minutes later.  Just relax and wait for the SMS.

NotaModerator

I believe this must be the case then, as i'm hearing the old voice mail greeting.  I'll try the mods, thanks again.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@NotaModeratorwrote:

I ported my cell phone number the other day, but i cannot receive calls, they go right to voice mail (which I'm also not receiving).  

In self-serve i confirmed under plans & addons that my number appears as the ported number, so i'm guessing it went through, but what else can I do?

Sounds like your port is stuck and I bet if you insert your old SIM you will get all of your Voicemails through that line and it will still be active.  You will need to contact the Moderators by private message and you can do that by clicking on the link in my signature.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NotaModerator, You should contact the moderator team, as there could be a problem with the port.  Are you sure there is no auto forward 9to voicemail) set up on your phone.  Also are you able to receive texts? 

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

@NotaModeratorwrote:

The self-serve page will show your ported phone number as soon as you make the request.  It is not an indication that your number has been ported over.  The first thing you should check is if that voicemail box that you are hearing is in fact the one that you setup at the old carrier.  If that is the case, your phone number has not yet been transfered.

Need Help? Let's chat.