cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Fongo. Everything seemed to work. Received text "We're having difficultly..."

ash-kumar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So as the title says, I ported my old number from Fongo. Everything seems to be working according to my activated plan. I'm able to make calls from Public Mobile as my new provider and my friends receive calls displaying my old number that was transfered.

And yet, this morning, I received the "We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile.". It suggests me to go try to change my number again but then it tells me: 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

But I don't get it. After a few more tests, my number seems to have been ported correctly. Please let me know how I should proceed so as to avoid this turning into a problem later.
7 REPLIES 7

ash-kumar

Thanks for the explanation.

I've forwarded to the Mod Team the info Fongo has sent me in reply. I hope that should be enough to fix the issue through Public Mobile resending a request to Fongo with all the info they should currently have about my Fongo account, based on my last private message.

@ash-kumar wrote:

Yes, I believe I satisfy all requirements. I followed the instructions on that very page when I was transfering to Public Mobile. I've been using them for years. I'll try calling them as well just to make sure.

@ash-kumar  Good idea to contact Fongo and try to find out why the request got rejected. Include all the correct info to the PM moderator team.

Porting is a two step process.

Step 1: You setup the port request via online selfserve.

PM process the request and sets up the number within the PM Network.

Status: Done you can make outgoing calls and send texts. You can also receive calls and texts from other PM network customers.

Step 2: Fongo receives the request and releases the number to PM.

At this point the port is complete and everything works.

Status: Not done Fongo is not releasing the number because there is an error in the request usually has to do with incorrect information or the number is not portable.

ash-kumar

Yes, I believe I satisfy all requirements. I followed the instructions on that very page when I was transfering to Public Mobile. I've been using them for years. I'll try calling them as well just to make sure.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ash-kumar wrote:

So as the title says, I ported my old number from Fongo. Everything seems to be working according to my activated plan. I'm able to make calls from Public Mobile as my new provider and my friends receive calls displaying my old number that was transfered.

And yet, this morning, I received the "We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile.". It suggests me to go try to change my number again but then it tells me: 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

But I don't get it. After a few more tests, my number seems to have been ported correctly. Please let me know how I should proceed so as to avoid this turning into a problem later.

Porting a number out of Fongo is not as easy has a wireless or a landline port. Fongo has some very restrict port out requirements. Do you meet those requirements? If you don't your port request will fail.

Here is a link to Fongo Port out requirements. https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

ash-kumar

Hey, thanks for your help. Tested it out and you are correct; incoming calls & messages don't work.

Sent a message to the Mod Team as you suggested.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ash-kumar 

Do some more testing.  The key test is whether you can receive phone calls and texts on that number.  With incomplete ports, you can dial and text out, but not in.  If everything is working fine (talk, text and data), then don't worry about it.  

If it is not working, you will need to contact moderator to complete port.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

If everything works I wouldnt mess with it welcome to PM the system can be a little clitchy here sometimes

Need Help? Let's chat.