cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported my number from Rogers more than 24 hrs ago - no incoming calls

rkapoor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new Public Mobile activation with port request for my Rogers corporate plan phone which is fully paid by me and not by my company. It has been over 24 hours. I can make outgoing calls/text but no incoming calls/text. I have already sent a private message to MOD community.

If I put my Rogers SIM back in the phone, it is still working. So looks like the port request has not completed.

Anything else I can do except wait?

10 REPLIES 10

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rkapoor wrote:

I agree with @angeliquem about providing as much information to "them".

Them here being MOD and not Rogers.

I received a private message from MOD that port request has been Accepted by Rogers and is in the process and will be completed in next 2-3 hours.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Hi!

I was wondering if your problem was resolved. If so, don't forget to mark it as solved for future readers to see which solution worked for you!

@angeliquem wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@rkapoor wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I was able to create a PM account easily. I did not include my Rogers Account # or PIN, neither SIM card number of PM. I will try to modify my  message to MOD or send a new message with more details.

Usually it's better to provide them as much information as you can so you avoid their first reply as being "What's your etc etc" and then you have to wait a longer time for their second reply. I hope your problem would be resolved sooner than later!

Ummm, no it's not.

Usually, it's better to provide them as little as information as possible.  When you provide more information, you increase the chance of porting failure.

This isn't a human that you're trying to convince that you own the account.  Number porting is almost always a completely automated processs, and the comptuer system approves or rejects number transfers based on rules, not based on the amount of information provided.

You're almost always best to use just the account number only, and skip the PIN and IMEI section.

Hi,

I think you misread our conversation. We're not talking about the self-serve section. We're talking about getting in touch with a moderator through private message and how it's always best to provide as much information as you can to speed up the process.

Ok, my appologies.  The part that I didn't see was the part that you quoted. 

rkapoor

I agree with @angeliquem about providing as much information to "them".

Them here being MOD and not Rogers.

I received a private message from MOD that port request has been Accepted by Rogers and is in the process and will be completed in next 2-3 hours.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

angeliquem

@computergeek541 wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@rkapoor wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I was able to create a PM account easily. I did not include my Rogers Account # or PIN, neither SIM card number of PM. I will try to modify my  message to MOD or send a new message with more details.

Usually it's better to provide them as much information as you can so you avoid their first reply as being "What's your etc etc" and then you have to wait a longer time for their second reply. I hope your problem would be resolved sooner than later!

Ummm, no it's not.

Usually, it's better to provide them as little as information as possible.  When you provide more information, you increase the chance of porting failure.

This isn't a human that you're trying to convince that you own the account.  Number porting is almost always a completely automated processs, and the comptuer system approves or rejects number transfers based on rules, not based on the amount of information provided.

You're almost always best to use just the account number only, and skip the PIN and IMEI section.

Hi,

I think you misread our conversation. We're not talking about the self-serve section. We're talking about getting in touch with a moderator through private message and how it's always best to provide as much information as you can to speed up the process.

@angeliquem wrote:

@rkapoor wrote:

Ummm, no it's not.

angeliquem

@rkapoor wrote:

rkapoor

angeliquem

@rkapoor wrote:

I got a new Public Mobile activation with port request for my Rogers corporate plan phone which is fully paid by me and not by my company. It has been over 24 hours. I can make outgoing calls/text but no incoming calls/text. I have already sent a private message to MOD community.

If I put my Rogers SIM back in the phone, it is still working. So looks like the port request has not completed.

Anything else I can do except wait?

I had a similar issue.

Were you able to create an account successfully?

I would send a message to the MODs with detailed information including:

- Rogers phone number

- Rogers account number

- Rogers PIN

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- Public Mobile Account Number (if you were able to create one)

- Public Mobile PIN

Response Time: 24-72 hours

If you were able to create an account, then the mods will most likely be able to fix the porting right away. If no account was created, you probably have a faulty SIM and they will probably suggest you get a new one to activate (they will credit you back the $10 you spend on a new SIM)

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @rkapoor

Looks like you are on the right track on getting things fixed up with your account. Yeah to hear back from the Moderator team to see what the next steps are. Sometimes the information was entered incorrectly during activation. Sometimes it's just stuck and they have to resubmit.

I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like a stuck port. You can keep using the Rogers SIM until it is deactivated and then should be able to put the PM SIM back. It will require Moderator support to complete the Port.

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

*I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me*

Need Help? Let's chat.