cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported my number from Rogers last night. Still can't receive incoming calls. Any solutions?

billbeau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my Public account last night, had Rogers release my number for porting.  Everything seemed to be working but have realized that I can't receive incoming texts or calls although I can phone and text out to others.  Have double checked with Rogers that number is released for porting (it is) but still no incoming calls or texts.  Anything I should try?  I have already logged a ticket with Public Mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@billbeau If neither SIM accepts incoming calls try TextNow app until service works properly. Free US/Canada calls/SMS on wifi, or cellular data.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@billbeau wrote:

I activated my Public account last night, had Rogers release my number for porting.  Everything seemed to be working but have realized that I can't receive incoming texts or calls although I can phone and text out to others.  Have double checked with Rogers that number is released for porting (it is) but still no incoming calls or texts.  Anything I should try?  I have already logged a ticket with Public Mobile.

@billbeau   The porting should have finished by now.  Have you rebooted the phone or tried removing the SIM and the reinserting and restarting?

Otherwise you have to wait until moderators respond and assist you.

@billbeau wrote:

First, try restarting your device.

Despite what Rogers has told you, I would put the Rogers sim card back in to see if it's still working. 

Need Help? Let's chat.