cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported my number 1 month ago

Bantoine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I Ported my number 4 WEEKS AGO and it still IS NOT working. I contacted my old provider to make sure it went through and was told it did go through. I need help asap, otherwise I am cancelling this nonsense. Doesn't help that this company doesn't have a proper help system. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. Shouldn't even pay for this month because I haven't used my phone at all.
8 REPLIES 8

Bantoine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I simply did not have the resources to see any comments/replies to this. If you do not know the answer to my problem no need to even comment&obviously the port did not work. Thank you to whoever helped, I have two people trying to help me.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

yeah..

i give you a simple example of what happened many times...:

you are with phone xxx with your old provider..phone xxx has it's IMEI as all phones have....now you upgrade your phone to phone yyy with a new IMEI and switch to PM.... you request a port using the new IMEI which now, since you upgraded your phone, does not match with the port info you provided and what your old provider has on file ( as they have the old IMEI ) ...thus the port just screwed up ...

oh....it was as easy as that.... and now PM was blamed for screwing up everything...naturally....

but as i said: PM did it's fair share to contribute to problems, no doubt about that....

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jheili99 Honestly, you're spot on. When I first ported my number back at the start of November, I wasn't 100% what some of the things I needed to fill out meant. Pretty sure they made it better to understand now, but I could've easily inputted the wrong information and could've been one of the people stuck in a port request (luckily, was not).

jheili99

@UDP7yeah fully agree.... almost no new subscriber reads and comes with too high of expectation not knowing how PM operates and why they can keep the price down.....

but: also PM's problem insofar that they do not do enough to educate new susbcribers ..... the community page is just too complicated and messages are all over the place.....but this had been said and suggested already..

cheers

UDP7

@jheili99 Pretty much what you said. All these people saying this isn't the proper way this and that, you should have a phone number to call for support. Like, they don't even do a bit of reading on what Public Mobile is about and then start complaining.

jheili99

hi..

you are right..this wait time is not acceptable...but:

did you contact a moderator the proper way as explained in PM's website via private message and as in one of your postings 2 weeks ago?

just curious: i know you posted a couple times 2 weeks ago, but why wait so long and never replied as to what your exact problem is or any updates for that matter..?

anyways: if your line is not working PM will "reset" your account to refelct the date your line actually works..they always did that....

i tag a moderator for you : @Mary_M Mary, can you look into that please as it is too long of a time...

cheers

rkreddyb4u

Please private message details to @Jeremy_M

rkreddyb4u

Hi,

Sorry to hear that - only MOD team can help on this topic  @Shazia_K @Jeremy_M

Need Help? Let's chat.