cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported a number this morning, now - No calling - no text, no data, LTE(data) comes and goes

millst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community,

I ported my number this morning, Data was working, but when making a call it dropped immediatley,  and texts wearn't sending or recieving.

Half an hour later data stopped working too.  

The phone is connected to PM

- occasionally LTE(or 4G) appears very briefly, then goes away.

- Calls drop immediatly after sending

- When calling my number a message says it is not in service

- text messages look like they go out, but are never recieved by the recipient

- inbound text messages are not recieved.

I tried my husbands PM SIM and it works fine in my phone.  

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21

hailstone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mary,

I'm having the same problem - ported my number two days ago and shortly after started having problems. Any call I make is dropped immediately, no texting and no data, other than very brief stints of LTE (fraction of a second here and there). Wondering if you have any thoughts as to what I can do to fix it?

binaryjay

@alexkraubner wrote:

Hi I still don't receive calls. My texting is working and I can make outgoing calls, but my incoming calls go straight to voicemail

I've been in the same boat since Friday afternoon.  I can make calls, which are received with the correct phone number, but anybody trying to call me gets my Freedom voicemail without any ringing.

As of around 5 PM today it will be a full two days later since I first reached out for help in getting the port completed properly.

I have now forfeited a month of credit at freedom due to the inability to complete the port in a reasonable fashion.  I surely hope things go more smoothly than this sign up process has been.  It's irritating to be without service but it's more irritating that the issue has likely cost me real dollars as I fully expected port to be completed within an hour or so as every other port I've ever done has been very fast and my freedom account should have been closed before they took my top up.

alexkraubner

Hi I still don't receive calls. My texting is working and I can make outgoing calls, but my incoming calls go straight to voicemail

moalsamman

Its working now 🙂

alexkraubner

thanks for your help

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If freedom sim still working keep using it once its stop working then try your pm sim but reboot your device after pm sim.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

alexkraubner

Hi Community!

I am having a similar issue as millst.  

I ported this morning and am not receiving calls as of this writing.  

Earlier this afternoon (approx. 6 hrs ago) I was able to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls.  

I can send and receive texts, however, calls with my PM SIM are immediately dropped.  I inserted my Freedom mobile SIM and I can still receive calls with it.

Anyone know what I can do?

moalsamman

Hi there, facing the same problem since yesterday after I activated sim card and ported right away from Freedom Mobile. pmed mod shazia few hours still no reply. Although I recieved an email with the activation details, it doesnt match what I see in the self serve login. I owe $135.60 for the pick and pay of $120 but my card was only charged $120 and the self serve shows available funds of $112 and plan shows $10 per 30 days even though I know I chose the 90 day plan for 6gb yesterday when activating. Anyways the port didnt go through as I got a call from 18007771888 and the lady said the port didnt go through and asked for my old number after I provided it the line cut off for some reason. Also I can use the Freedom sim card and it still works. 

Glad your issues is been look after.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

millst

Thanks so much,  Mary_M   all is well on my end now...   you guys are great!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @millst,

thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience!

I'm sorry to hear that your phone does not have any service after porting in. I've taken the time to look into it and it seems like an error generated in the back-end due to the multiple ports. A private message has been sent with more details 🙂

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

millst

Just an update,  Still the same, no service on my SIM.  I have PM's a MOD, as well as input a request by email (as I discovered after the PM this appears to be the official method to contact them).  no response on either as of yet.

andriko

Hi there. 

I just had a look at a number of recent posts. 

It seems to me that there is a current gap or issue between the sim card activation and the porting/ active use of data/text/phone. 

My guess is that this issue is well known by all of the Moderators, and that their is much energy and resources being given to this problem. 

Sadly, for many folks who are just leaving their previous carriers and joining Public Mobile, this is a less than ideal starting point. 

From expereince, I think thatg some patience will go a long way as a means to a happy resolution. 

Of course, no data/text/phone can be a shock to the system, this minor inconvenience will likely be resolved in short order. Perhaps this is an opportunity to think about one's own digital resilience. If you have joined the community, welcome to a world of support, where you can momentarily grieve together, and then celebrate when the connection resumes. 

I would caution anyone against ranting, raving, and rampaging against the idea of Public Mobile because of this temporary inconvenience and rather ask, what can I do to be an effective member of the community? 

@Mary_M @andriko (I am not a Mod)

Here how to contact mod
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@millst, the best way would be via private messaging.

Ensure you provide them with your e-mail address, phone number and details of the issue.

millst

Thanks @TheOldVR  , what's the best way to engauge a Mod?  can I tag one to this thread? or shall I just wait?

millst

android

Old Sim is not working,  and I did get a cancellation notice from Koodo after the port.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@millst I read a similar situation on the Board yesterday and @Shazia_K had to step in to correct a configuration issue.

Not sure if the same applies to you but you will need a MOD to help out....

Good luck!

Is that a iOS or Android. ALSO try your old sim see if its still working.
2 reasons maybe your hardware missing setting or you still under porting process.

millst

Hi, 

Thanks for the fast reply,

No he doesn't have his phone unlocked yet.  

The phone was Koodo, and yes it is now unlocked.

I checked the APN and it is correct,  I also created another APN to be sure, same issue.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you tried your sim in your husband phone. ? It's could be a hardware setting issue which phone you using was it originally from freedom carrier and then you unlocked it. ?
Need Help? Let's chat.