cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported a number, outgoing calls work, incoming calls don't?????????????????

brzl_nut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I ported my old number last week. Got a text saying it was done and all good. I've been making calls and texts no problem but everyone trying to call me get a message the number isn't active. When I call someone it works fine and shows the new number on display.

2 REPLIES 2

Regardless of the porting being done or not, your callers should never be receving a message about your number not being in service.

I've had this type of thing happen before when porting my number (not in service message or a busy signal), but things always fixed themself in less than a hour.  It's not actually supposed to happen though.

In your situation, something is definitely wrong.  As I said, people calling you should not be hearing an error message.  If the port is incomplete, your old service should still be working.  Since you have already received the text message confirmation from Public Mobile that things are complete, you'll need to contact the moderator team to get this fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brzl_nut, unless you were porting in a number from a land line or a VOIP line, then your number port is stuck.  You need to contact the moderator team to get this fixed.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.