cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Number - No Activation

Ceallaigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number yesterday, and it cancelled my service immediately, but now I have no service whatsoever. I tried restarting phone, removing SIM and putting it back in, turning phone off and turning it back on.

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous it does not look like any oracles or retired oracles are online to change it.  Do you think it is automatic trigger to mark your own post as accepted solution?  

@RosieR 

The OP posted at 7:08 (PT?). The very active retired oracle last posted something at 7:15. I don't remember exactly when it was changed. I wasn't watching that closely. But I think it's very possible.

I doubt there's anything automatic like that.

Of course...I could just be hallucinating again. 🙂

lol could be both of us are hallucinating 🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous it does not look like any oracles or retired oracles are online to change it.  Do you think it is automatic trigger to mark your own post as accepted solution?  

@RosieR 

The OP posted at 7:08 (PT?). The very active retired oracle last posted something at 7:15. I don't remember exactly when it was changed. I wasn't watching that closely. But I think it's very possible.

I doubt there's anything automatic like that.

Of course...I could just be hallucinating again. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

Hi @Ceallaigh thanks for letting us know.  Kudos to you for solving your own issue.  Please mark your own post as Accepted Solution.  Welcome to Public Mobile!  Cheers!

@RosieR : It would appear the solution was removed. The OP did mark there post as the solution. While frowned upon around here, it can happen. But it's dicey.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

Hi @Ceallaigh thanks for letting us know.  Kudos to you for solving your own issue.  Please mark your own post as Accepted Solution.  Welcome to Public Mobile!  Cheers!

@RosieR : It would appear the solution was removed. The OP did mark there post as the solution. While frowned upon around here, it can happen. But it's dicey.

@Ceallaigh wrote:

I did not miss a step in the registration process. When switching SIM cards the default network in the settings on the phone changed from 4G to 2G.

I changed the default network to 3G, and it connected to the carrier immediately.

I am posting this solution for future individuals that may have similar issues as the issue is not related to activation, or external carriers.

This issue is now resolved.

Ceallaigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not miss a step in the registration process. When switching SIM cards the default network in the settings on the phone changed from 4G to 2G.

I changed the default network to 3G, and it connected to the carrier immediately.

I am posting this solution for future individuals that may have similar issues as the issue is not related to activation, or external carriers.

This issue is now resolved.

[A new, to me, glitch; thanks for updating us ............ Luddite]

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ceallaigh 

I can understand your frustration with this. I have a feeling you missed a step in the registration process because if you ordered a PM SIM and visited the site below to enter its number and payment info then it should work fine.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You can always visit in store to have them give you a SIM and activate it for you. I would also make sure you have enough money in your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/store-locator

@Ceallaigh wrote:

I ported my number yesterday, and it cancelled my service immediately, but now I have no service whatsoever. I tried restarting phone, removing SIM and putting it back in, turning phone off and turning it back on.

I assume that the porting request is what caused the old carrier's service to stop working?  I'm hoping that you didn't contact the old carrier and ask to have the service cancelled. If someone calls your voicemail, does it go to your Public Mobile voicemail at least?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

Were you able to create a SELF SERVE account?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/instructions-to-create-a-self-serve-account

What does your status say?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ceallaigh wrote:

First things first...log into your account and make sure you have an active PM plan.

Also, it should tell you what your PM phone number is when you click Plan Details.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Ceallaigh wrote:

Is your phone unlocked? If not contact previous carrier to unlock.

Here’s  how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.