cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported My Number from Speakout Wireless, Was charged but Number not Working

rt1002
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 

Just ported over my number from Speakout wireless, my credit card was charged and my account on Public Mobile seems to be in good order but the phone number does not work. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot

15 REPLIES 15

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

24-48 hours

Why not use your speak out sim till the port is complete?

Your speakout account also needs to be active for porting to complete.

rt1002

Messaged the mods yesterday and have yet to receive an answer. Does anyone know how long it usually takes? Don't really want to go into the weekend without a phone number. Thanks a lot.

Thanks @RobertQc I read a second time and now I understand...Smiley Frustrated

@Lieux wrote:

@popping he said that the phone was with Telus...so normally it can work with public mobile..?

@LieuxUnless as @popping explained its a GSM/GPRS device

Rogers extended the 2G network till December 2020, so it may still work on their network

Normally, yes, unless its REALLY old 😛

@popping he said that the phone was with Telus...so normally it can work with public mobile..?

@rt1002 wrote:

It shows that the phone recognizes that there is a sim card in the phone but it does not show Public Mobile in the top left corner, just says no service. 

@rt1002Can you give us your full model number of the phone? So we can check for network compatibility ?

I know its unlikely, but could your phone have been recently added to the blacklist?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

rt1002

Thanks a lot!

It looks like a non finishing port number....like others said.. @rt1002 you will have no choice to ask the moderator_team to finished it. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

and write in SEND TO : moderator_team ..it will appear by itself...

and give them an explanation of your problem they will help you!!Smiley Happy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rt1002 wrote:

Does not work at all, gets an automated message when I try calling the phone number. Account is active in public mobile self serve. Person that referred me got the referral acknwoledgement text message. Same phone as speakout and the phone is unlocked as it was originally a telus issued phone. Thanks for your help. 

@rt1002 wrote:

It shows that the phone recognizes that there is a sim card in the phone but it does not show Public Mobile in the top left corner, just says no service. 

Which phone are you using?

If you have an old GSM phone which works on Speakout (i.e Rogers Network) GSM, it may not work on PM because PM does not support GSM.

rt1002

Try clearing your network cache, then restarting your phone. If that doesn't work you may have an incomplete port and you will need to contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@rt1002 wrote:

Does not work at all, gets an automated message when I try calling the phone number. Account is active in public mobile self serve. Person that referred me got the referral acknwoledgement text message. Same phone as speakout and the phone is unlocked as it was originally a telus issued phone. Thanks for your help. 

@rt1002Are you connected to the public mobile network?

rt1002

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rt1002 wrote:

Hey, 

Just ported over my number from Speakout wireless, my credit card was charged and my account on Public Mobile seems to be in good order but the phone number does not work. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot

You should be able to use your old SIM until it stops working. Then you'll know you've ported.

But it also takes some time to port. I seem to think Speakout might be several days.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@rt1002 wrote:

Hey, 

@rt1002The phone number for incomming, or outgoing or both? What about your texting/data? Does your account show active on self serve? Are you sure you got a plan that includes talk and not just data? Are you using the same phone as speakout? Is your phone unlocked? Are you connected to the public mobile network? Can you post a screen shot of your self-serve account overview (but remove personal details) please

Need Help? Let's chat.